CUET BBA is the entance exam to the BBA program offered by Christ University, which is considered to be one of the best private universities in terms of quality of education, infrastructure and the placement assistance. The management courses are all good and Christ offers you with a plethora of specialisations in the Bachelor’s of Business Administration (BBA).
There are currently 4 campuses of Christ University where BBA and it’s specialisation courses are taught. The following table displays the campuses where the courses are taught.
|Courses||Bangalore Central campus||Bannerghatta campus Bangalore||Delhi NCR campus||Pune Lavasa campus|
|BBA Finance Technology||✔️|
|BBA Business Analytics||✔️|
|BBA Finance and International business||✔️|
|BBA Finance and Accountancy||✔️||✔️|
|BBA Travel and Tourism||✔️|
The specialisation that Christ offers in finance, technology and business are really multidisciplinary in nature and it is something that industries look for in today. Let us look at the CUET BBA exam pattern now!
CUET BBA Exam Pattern
The exam pattern consists of four facets. These are as follows:
- Christ University Entrance Test (CUET)
- Skills Assessment (SA)
- Micro Presentation (MP)
- Personal Interview (PI)
You will be assessed on all these four along with the marks that you got in the 10th and 12th standard. After the final assessment, you will be called for admission into Christ University. One thing to keep in mind is that you need to perform well not just in the CUET BBA entrance test but in each of the parts.
CUET BBA Pattern
The CUET BBA entrance test is of 120 marks and you would be given 120 minutes or 2 hours to complete it. Every correct answer grants you 1 mark while an incorrect answer deducts 0.25 marks from your final marks. Below are the sections and the marks for each of the sections of the paper.
|Section||Number of questions|
|Data analysis and interpretation||20|
Section-Wise Preparation strategies
The difficulty level of the CUET BBA entrance test is moderate. You can follow the strategies section wise to do well in the test.
Since this section of the CUET BBA consists of the highest marks and questions, you need to focus on it to get more marks.
- Work on your vocabulary and grammar as more questions are asked on this.
- Try to practice comprehension passages.
- Improve your reading skills by making reading a habit.
- Fill in the blanks
- Jumbled sentences
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Norman Lewis- Word power made easy
- Wren and Martin grammar
- Reading comprehension by Pearson
The reasoning section of the CUET BBA tests your intelligence and common sense.
- You can keep an hour daily for practicing reasoning based questions.
- Try to read, observe and then attempt the questions.
- Grasp the shortcuts if there are, for attempting the reasoning questions
- You can also practice doing puzzles and Sudoku
- Blood relations
- Letter series
- Seating arrangements
- Model Approach to logical reasoning by RS Aggarwal
- Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey
The mathematics section of the CUET BBA is of medium level and you must attempt as many questions as possible as this section is quite scoring.
- Focus more on basics of maths specifically of class 10th and 12th level
- Practice mock tests
- Quadratic equations
- Profit and loss
- Number series
- NCERT classes 10th 12th
- Quantitative Aptitude of any publisher
4. Data Analysis and Interpretation
This section of the CUET BBA will basically test how well you can observe and analyse things
- Try to practice more questions pertaining to pie charts, graphs, bar diagrams, etc.
- Observe every question with precision to arrive at an answer
- Data interpretation and data sufficiency by Ananta Ashisha
- Data interpretation parts from quantitative aptitude books
5. General Knowledge
The general knowledge section of the CUET BBA can be challenging at times as there is no prescribed syllabus of it.
- Read the newspapers daily and make note of the important happenings.
- Read static GK like history, geography, etc.
- Go on the internet and read current affairs for at least 6 months before the test.
- Since this is for management entrance, brush up your skills of basics of economics and business.
- Current affairs
- Economic affairs
- Contemporary issues
- Static GK
- Current affairs magazine
- Pearson General Knowledge book
- GK Mcgraw Hill
6. Fundamental Accounting
This section of the CUET BBA tests your accounting skills to know how well you are fit for business administration. This section is a new addition to the CUET
- Clear your basics of accounts of class 11th and 12th.
- Make mind maps and notes of all the terms, definitions and any important theory of accounts.
- NCERT books of classes 11&12 of Accounts
SA or Skill Assessment
The skill assessment of the CUET BBA is divided into the following three parts.
MP or Micro Presentation
- Practice reading and writing on any contemporary topics. Practice speaking loud in front of the mirror to boost confidence.
- This part will test on your basic communication skills and reasoning.
- For reasoning, prepare at the time of preparation of CUET.
- Read newspapers, books and magazines to improve your writing skills. Focus on grammar and spellings.
- Try to have knowledge regarding any current topic.
The micro presentation of the CUET BBA again checks your knowledge regarding any current events and your speaking skills. You will be asked to choose a topic and then speak for 90 seconds on it.
PI or Personal Interview
The personal interview tests you on several information about your own self.
- Be confident and speak to the point.
- If no words come to your mind, take a pause and think, but don’t look helpless.
- Read up on contemporary issues and current affairs.
Prepare answers to questions like:
- why are you choosing Christ
- what are your interests that you wish to do BBA
- your strengths and weaknesses
- favourite subject and why is it your favorite
Make sure that you know your favorite subject quite well as they can ask certain questions from there. Above all be confident, humble and maintain eye contact with the interviewers.
I hope you liked the strategies that we have provided to you for getting admission in Christ University through CUET BBA. In a nutshell, this selection is all about your logical aptitude, communication skills, speaking skills and your confidence. You might not do well in the entrance, but if your communication skills are upto the mark, they might select you. Just introspect a bit, be confident and do your best! If you are interested you can also read the analysis of previous years’ exam by clicking here.
All the best!