Christ University | B.Com Course
Hey there, do you love suits, boots and shiny offices? Interested in learning about business and management from one of India’s best known universities? Then Delhi University- Joint Admission Test (DU JAT) is the exam you need to focus on. This national level entrance exam, is one of the top management entrance exams in India. It is conducted for admission to professional undergraduate programmes offered by 18 colleges affiliated to Delhi University. The courses included are:
- Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Financial Investment Analysis)
- BA (Hons) in Business Economics
Read more about each of these in the next section.
Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS): An undergraduate programme in management studies. It will prime you with knowledge of management and its aspects that relate to business organization.
Colleges for BMS: Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies; Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College; Keshav Mahavidyalaya; Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce; College of Vocational Studies; Ramanujan College; Shaheed Rajguru College of Applied Sciences for Women; Ram Lal Anand College and Aryabhatta College
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Financial Investment Analysis): Are you a wiz-kid interested in financial investments and want to make a career out of it? This course will help you acquire professional investment skills as a management professional.
Colleges for BBA (FIA): Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies & Shaheed Rajguru College of Applied Sciences for Women
- BA (Hons) in Business Economics: Do you love economics and want to use its amazing theories to build businesses? Then this course is for you as it will teach you economic and management principles and quantitative methods and how to apply them to business situations.
Colleges for BA(H) BE: Aryabhatta College; BR Ambedkar College; College of Vocational Studies; Gargi College (Women); Lakshmibai College (Women); Maharaja Agrasen College; Shivaji College; Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce; Guru Nanak Dev Khalsa College; Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College
Keen on the courses above? That’s great! Now make sure you are eligible for this top management exam in India. Please read the eligibility criteria for given below very, very carefully.
For applying for DU JAT 2020, you must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Candidates must have secured at least 60% (55% for SC/ST/CW/PwD and 54% for OBC (Non-Creamy) categories) with English and Mathematics among core subjects in class 12. The aggregate should be based on the marks in four papers – English, Mathematics and any other two subjects provided by the Delhi University.
- Candidates, who have appeared in their final exams and their results are awaited, can also apply for the DU JAT exam. However, they will have to produce the qualifying certificate at the time of counselling.
- Candidate should have passed in all the above four subjects
- Applicants with “compartment” results are not eligible to apply.
- There is no minimum age bar for taking this test.
- Eligibility Criteria for merit-based admissions under the EWS category shall be similar to that of UR category
Criteria for Foreign Candidates
Foreign candidates seeking admission to the professional undergraduate programmes at Delhi University can apply separately on Foreign Students’ Registry website and can contact the Deputy Dean (Foreign Students’ Registry), Conference Centre, Delhi University.