NMIMS BBA is the Undergraduate Degree and Integrated Degree Programs being offered by the Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, or simply NMIMS university. Its constituent schools have campuses in Indore, Mumbai, Navi Mumbai, Shirpur, Bengaluru and Hyderabad. The entrance exam of the program is known as NMIMS NPAT.
The NMIMS BBA entrance exam is by the NMIMS University. There will be 120 questions and a time period of 120 minutes is given to answer all the questions.
|Name of the Exam||NMIMS NPAT|
|Full-Form||NMIMS Programs After Twelfth|
|Conducting body||Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS)|
|Eligibility||Minimum 50% in 10th and 12th-grade|
|Total No. of Questions||120|
You can read the previous years’ exam analysis by clicking here.
The NMIMS BBA degree is offered in the following campuses of NMIMS:
- Navi Mumbai
NMIMS BBA Course
The different courses covered in the NMIMS BBA program are given below:
|Principles of Management|
|Quantitative Techniques – I|
|India Socio Political Economics System & Current Affairs|
|Essentials of IT|
|Quantitative Techniques – II|
|Environmental Management & Corporate Social Responsibility|
|Principles of Marketing|
|Banking & Insurance|
|Direct & Indirect Tax|
|Human Resource Management|
|Indian Economics in Global Scenario|
|Consumer Behavior & Services Marketing|
|Human Behavior & Ethics at Work Place|
|Customer Relationship Management|
|Advanced Financial Management|
|Financial Statement Analysis|
|Investment Analysis & Portfolio Management|
|Financial Markets & Institutions|
|Sales & Distribution Management|
|International Business & EXIM|
|Operations & Supply Chain Management|
|Entrepreneurship & Business Plan|
|Forex & Risk Management in Derivatives|
|Wealth Management & Financial Planning|
|Direct & Digital Marketing|
|Advertising & Brand Management|
|Management – Marketing Research Methodology including Advanced Statistical Tools|
|Management – Enterprise Resource Planning|
|Management – Organizational Behaviour|
|Management – Operations Management|
|Management – Research Project – Part I|
There are fair demands of a person with a NMIMS BBA degree in the market as a BBA graduate can work in any company. A BBA degree holder can choose his career as a cashier in government or private banks, sales analyst, auditor, business analyst, economist, stockbroker and many more.
- The Candidate for the NMIMS BBA entrance exam must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination including International Baccalaureate Diploma (IB Certificate / & D.P. Awarded candidates are not eligible) in any stream from a recognized Board at first attempt.
- The candidates must have obtained a minimum of 50% aggregate marks at 10+2 or equivalent examination for being eligible to B.Com. (Hons.) program & 60% aggregate marks for being eligible to B.B.A. & B.Sc. (Finance) Program.
- Candidate’s passing in Mathematics/ Statistics at 10+2 or equivalent exam is compulsory for being eligible to B.B.A / B.Com (Hons) / B.Sc (Finance).
- Candidates can attempt twice on both the exam dates. Best of the two scores would be considered.
The seat break up of NMIMS BBA across the different campuses are given below:
|NMIMS – Mumbai||600|
|NMIMS – Bengaluru||120|
|NMIMS – Navi Mumbai||180|
|NMIMS – Indore||120|
|NMIMS – Hyderabad||60|
|NMIMS – Dhule||60|
Candidates will be selectedfor the NMIMS BBA programme on the basis of the entrance test followed by an interview conducted by NMIMS.
NMIMS BBA Entrance Exam Pattern
Duration: 120 Questions in 120 mins
Marking Scheme: No negative marking was there in 2017 NPAT.
|Section||No. of Questions||No. of Questions|
|Quantitative & Numerical ability||40||40|
|Reasoning & General Intelligence||40||40|
|Proficiency in the English Language||40||40|
Syllabus of the NMIMS BBA entrance exam is given below:
|Quantitative and Numerical Ability||Data Sufficiency, Data interpretation, Ratio and Proportion, Algebra, Series and Sequences, Time and Work, Percentage and Average, Permutation and Combination, Set Theory, Geometry.|
|Reasoning and General Intelligence||Series, Blood relations, Statement and Inference, Visual Reasoning, Clock, Coding, Decoding, Current Affairs, Books and Authors, Awards and Winners, Politics, Geography, History, Sports, Eminent Personalities.|
|Proficiency of English Language||Idioms and Phrases, Antonyms and Synonyms, Proverbs and Prepositions, Parts of Speech, Analogy.|
The cut off of the NMIMS BBA changes year to year based on the following factors:
- The number of candidates appearing for the entrance exam.
- The marks scored by the candidates.
The expected dates of the NMIMS BBA 2021 Admissions are given below:
|NMIMS NPAT Registration Start Date||2nd week of Dec 2020|
|Last Date to Edit NMIMS NPAT Application||4th week of Apr 2021|
|NMIMS NPAT Application Closing Date||4th week of Apr 2021|
|NMIMS NPAT Exam Date||2nd week of May 2021|
Given below is the step by step process of how you should fill out your NMIMS BBA entrance exam application forms:
- Registration: The first step is the NMIMS NPAT registration. Go to the main website of NPAT. Click on the “Apply Now” option and create your account. You should give the following information :
- Name of the Candidate
- Date of Birth
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- X/SSC Roll No
You have to verify your account by going through the link that will be sent to your E-mail ID.
- Log In: Go back to the main website and login into your account using your Username and Password. You can find your application form in there.
- Fill in the Details: There are three sections in the form; Personal Details, Academic Details, and School Selection. The blanks which have a red asterisk (*) are mandatory details to fill. The following information is to give under the personal details section:
- Profile: Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Photo ID, Aadhar No., Blood Group, Category, Nationality, Disability.
- Correspondent Address
- Contact Information
- How did you get to know about NPAT?
- Upload Documents: Upload your signature and photo by clicking the “upload” button.
- Click “Save and Next”
4. Academic Details: In this section, you are required to give the accurate academic details of the X/SSC i.e class 10th and XII/HSC i.e class 12th. You have to enter the Board, Percentage, Year of Completion, School Name, State for the 10th-grade details.
For the 12th-grade details, you have to enter your Status, Mode, Stream, Board, Year of Completion, School Name. For some courses, it is necessary that you have learned Mathematics and Statistics subjects in the 12th-grade.
Click “Save and Next”.
5. School Selection: In this section, you have to select your College preference, Course preference, and Exam city Preference. When you select one or more colleges you will be able to select your course preference.
You can select a number of courses depending on the colleges you have chosen.
Next, select the exam date, Test Center Preference 1, and 2.
6. Payment: Finally, proceed to payment to complete the process. The NPAT Application Fee depends on the number of colleges you have chosen. It has to be paid online with Net Banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card. The fee is refundable.
Centres for the NMIMS BBA entance exam is available in all major cities in India, as of 2019.
Hope this article helped you to understand more about and its entrance examination. If you are interested, you can read the detailed preparation strategy of the NMIMS NPAT by clicking here.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are the best study materials for the NMIMS BBA entrance exam?
The best study materials for the NMIMS BBA includes Pearson’s English, Manorama Yearbook and the Arihant Quantitative Aptitude. You also need to read newspapers daily to keep up with the current affairs. Click here to get more details about study materials.
Is the NMIMS BBA entrance exam tough?
The NMIMS BBAexam is generally on the moderate side of the difficulty spectrum. Even though there are tricky questions in every section, the only section that needs thorough preparation is General Awareness. Current affairs of the previous year is asked here. Hence, you need to stay updated with news.
How do I fill the NMIMS BBA application form?
You can go to the official NMIMS website and apply directly from there, once the admission portal is open. The detailed step by step process of applying is given above in this article.
What is the course structure and career opportunities of the NMIMS BBA?
The NMIMS BBA is spread over three years, which is further divided into six semesters. The NMIMS BBA program aims at inculcating basic knowledge and awareness about commerce and commercial practice in students and helping them in finding their career aptitudes like that of a a cashier in government or private banks, sales analyst, auditor, business analyst, economist, stockbroker and many more.
What is the pattern and syllabus of the NMIMS BBA exam?
The exam is one hour and 45 minutes long, with pen and paper type multiple choice question paper. There will be a total of 100 questions with each right answer getting rewarded with 1 mark and 0.25 marks subtracted for each wrong answer.