NMIMS NPAT Exam or NMIMS National Test for Programs After Twelfth is the entrance exam conducted by NMIMS Deemed to be University for admissions to the undergraduate programs. B.Pharm. + MBA (Pharma Tech.), BBA, B.Com.(Hons.), B.Sc. Finance, B.Sc. Economics, B.A. (Hons.) Liberal Arts, BBA – Branding & Advertising are the courses offered in the Non-Engineering section.
Candidates must have passed their 10th and 12th-grade with a minimum of 50% marks to be eligible to apply for the NPAT exam. For the NMIMS NPAT aspirants, we have provided preparation tips that are going to help you crack the exam.
NPAT Exam Pattern
- The NPAT BBA exam consists of mainly 3 parts: Reasoning and General Intelligence, Quantitative and Numerical Ability, and Proficiency in General English.
- There will be a total of 120 questions.
- The questions are MCQ type.
- Each section will have 40 questions.
- The duration of the exam is 100 minutes.
- Each question carries one mark. There is no negative marking for the wrong answers or unattempted questions in the NMIMS entrance test.
NMIMS NPAT 2020 Exam Pattern
|Section||Total no. of Questions||Total Marks|
|Proficiency in General English||40||40|
|Quantitative and Numerical Ability||40||40|
|Reasoning and General Intelligence||40||40|
NMIMS NPAT Exam Difficulty Level
In the Narsee Monjee entrance exam, candidates have 120 questions to answer in 100 minutes. The section-wise difficulty level is given below:
1. Proficiency in General English
- This section has been by far the easiest one for the candidates. Candidates can score maximum marks in this section if they have a good command of the English Language. The difficulty level of this section is generally easy-moderate.
- The questions are generally based on grammar, vocabulary, and reading comprehension.
- Reading Comprehension consists of 3 passages of 400-500 words each with 5 questions.
- The section evaluates your proficiency in English. You can save a lot of time in this section for the others.
- Error recognition, Vocabulary, Contextual usages, Applied Grammar, Sequencing of Ideas, and Reading Comprehension are important topics for the exam.
2. Quantitative and Numerical Ability
- Candidates find the Quantitative and Numerical Ability section the most difficult compared to the other two.
- This section requires in-depth knowledge about the mathematical formulas and concepts.
- Candidates are advised to go through all the topics from 9th-12th-grade.
- Pacing yourself is very important in this section as most candidates often find themselves stuck at a question and wasting a lot of time.
- You need to cover the topics given in the syllabus thoroughly to ace this section.
- Important topics include Number System, Arithmetic, Algebra, Sets and Functions, Statistics, Probability, and Trigonometry.
- Focus on the topics you have difficulty in and practice a lot.
3. Reasoning and General Intelligence
- The Reasoning Ability section involves questions from a variety of topics like Data Interpretation, Data Sufficiency, Numerical Reasoning, Spatial Reasoning, Verbal-Logical Reasoning, and Critical Thinking.
- The difficulty level of this section is usually moderate.
- You need to indulge in some exercises that will improve your memory and critical thinking.
- Understand the concepts of each topic.
- Learning certain techniques that are used to solve questions related to the topics in the syllabus will help you a lot.
NMIMS NPAT Exam Preparation Tips
- Follow the NPAT Syllabus: The first thing you should do while preparing for the exam is to understand the syllabus correctly. You need to know the topics you need to prepare on.
- Practice Previous Years’ Question Papers: Doing sample papers and previous years’ question papers will help you understand the NPAT exam better and prepare a strategy to face it efficiently.
- Do Mock Tests: Time management is an important aspect of any entrance exam. You should prepare thoroughly to pace yourself during the exam. Doing mock tests will help you refine your speed and accuracy. It will also improve your confidence for the exam day.
- Make Notes: You should try to make it a habit to keep notes while studying. This will aid you in the final days before the exam for a quick revision.
- Get Study Materials/ Preparation Books: Study materials and reference books can help you in section-wise preparation. You can learn better techniques to answer different kinds of questions in the NPAT Entrance Exam.
NMIMS NPAT exam is the most important step to get admission at constituent schools of SVKM’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies at Mumbai, Shirpur, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Navi Mumbai, Indore & Dhule (Upcoming) Campuses. Utilize these tips to crack the NPAT exam.