Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, or IP university, was established in 1998 by Government of Delhi.
There are more than 120 colleges which are affiliated by IP University. IP University regulates the guidelines for its affiliated universities.
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University is also a member of the Association of The Commonwealth universities and Medical Council Of India.
Hotel Management at IP University
Bachelor degree in Hotel Management and catering technology (BHMCT) is delivered by Indraprastha University through two institutions affiliated by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University listed below.
The four year programme BHMCT is designed by the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University for both the institutions.
- Banarsidas Chandiwala Institute Of Hotel Management & Catering Technology
- Delhi Technical Campus
The programme trains the students and provides the industrial and operational skill sets required in the field of hospitality so that the candidate can get acclimatized with the environment of the market.
Students are trained in the following fields:
- Front office
- Food production
- Bakery and patisserie
- Accommodation operation
- Food and beverage service
- General management skills
|Pass in 10+2 or equivalent with minimum qualifying marks of 50%|
|English as one of the subject in 10+2 or equivalent|
Please visit the official link for more information on eligibility criteria.
About the CET exam
For admission to the program BHMCT candidates have to appear in a common entrance test (CET) conducted by the university. Following are some details about the same:
CET Code : 127
|Mode of exam||CBT (Computer Based Test)|
|Number of questions||100 questions|
|Type of questions||Objective Type/ Multiple Choice Questions|
|Marking Scheme||4 mark for each correct answer-1 mark for each wrong response|
|Application Fee||1200 INR|
Sections of the entrance test are mentioned below:
|English Language & Comprehension||25%|
|Logical and Analytical Ability including Computer awareness||30%|
|Knowledge of Accounts / Commerce & Science||20%|
There are only two institutions affiliated to Indraprastha University which provides professional degrees in the field of hotel management.
|Institutions||Programme Offered||Duration of Programme||Seats|
|Banarsidas Chandiwala Institute Of Hotel Management & Catering Technology,Kalkaji, New Delhi 110019||BHMCT||4 years||120|
|Delhi Technical Campus, Greater Noida, UP||BHMCT||4 years||120|
Selection will be made on the basis of the scores obtained in the CET by the candidate followed by the counselling. Also, candidates will be admitted to the university as per availability of the seats in a program.
Follow the below mentioned steps to fill the online application form. Application process is a two step process.
Step I: Registration
- Click here to apply online
- Click on admissions 2020-2021
- Click online admission form you will land on the application page
- Tick the declaration check box by clicking on it.
- Click on start button
- Fill the Application form by filling details of program group, program name, cet code, and other details. Note : CET Code of Bachelor of Hotel Management & Catering Technology is 127
After filling the form click on submit button
This is the initial registration, after that candidate will receive login id and password on his email id.
Step II: Application Form
- Using credentials i.e login id and password, re- Login here and fill the details.
- Upload scanned image of candidates recent passport size photograph and signature
- After that a preview of the filled application will appear, make sure that all the details filled are correct and click on the submit button after reviewing
- You will be automatically redirected to online payment gateway
- Make the online payment through the options available at the payment gateway and after successful transaction, keep the transaction details for future reference
The institute offers campus recruitment on a regular basis to its students. Some of the hotels that recruit candidates of the hotel management courses from IPU are:
|Taj hotels,resorts and palaces|
|IHG (InterContinental Hotel Group)|
|Oberoi hotels and resorts|
|ITC Hospitality management institute|
|The lemon tree hotels company|
You will be able to select the exam center as per your convenience at the time of registration. Also you can check the exam centers from the official website, however, here are the major exam centers for your reference:
Delhi : New Delhi
Haryana : Gurgaon
Punjab : Chandigarh
Uttarpradesh : Luckhnow