About the course
Symbiosis Centre for Management offers a 3-year full-time Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) course for those who want to pursue management as a field. The course has various streams like Human Resource Management, Marketing Management available. The course is available at both Pune and Noida campuses. For entrance into this course, Symbiosis conducts the annual Symbiosis SET BBA exam.
|Criteria||General & NC-OBC Category||SC/ST/PWD Category|
|Marks at Higher Secondary/XII/+2/ Equivalent level||50% aggregate marks||45% aggregate marks|
|ONLY for foreign nationals / OCI / PIO students: Marks in English Proficiency Tests IELTS (conducted by British Council) or IELA (conducted by Symbiosis)||Band-6 in IELTS, Band-3 in IELA||Band-6 in IELTS, Band-3 in IELA|
Students from outside India are eligible to apply if:
Foreign National (FN): if they are a citizen of any country other than India and hold a foreign passport.
Person of Indian Origin (PIO): if they have a PIO card, and are a citizen of a country other than India.
Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI): if they have an Overseas Citizenship of India and have an OCI card.
Non Resident Indian (NRI): if they have appeared for either 10th or 10+2 examination outside India.
Selection Process for Symbiosis College BBA
The selection is based on your overall performance at various stages of the Symbiosis BBA entrance exam. Following is the weightage given to various stages:
|Tier||Weightage % in Pune Campus||Weightage % in Noida Campus|
|Symbiosis Aptitude Test (SET)||50||50|
|Written Ability Test||20||15|
|Personal Interview (PI)||20||35|
SET BBA Exam Pattern
- Mode: Online
- Time Duration: 150 minutes
- Sections: 4: General English, Quantitative Ability, General Awareness, Analytical & Logical Reasoning
- Total Questions: 150
- Question Type: Objective (MCQs)
Detailed SET BBA Exam Pattern:
|Section||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning||30||30|
Read the detailed SET BBA exam pattern and Symbiosis SET syllabus here.
Each correct answer will give you score of +1 marks. There is no negative scoring.
Students applying as foreign nationals, PIOs, OCIs or NRIs are not required to give the SET exam. Their selection is based on the following parameters:
|Parameter||Weightage for OCI//PIO||Weightage for FN||Weightage for NRI|
|10+2 or equivalent Transcript||90||90||80|
|Statement of Purpose||5||5||5|
|2 Letters of Recommendation||5||5||5|
|Entrance Test (SET/SAT)||–||–||10 (not mandatory)|
|Category||Pune Campus||Noida Campus|
|International Students||60||15% over and above sanctioned intake|
|Scheduled Caste (for Indian students only)||15%||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (for Indian students only)||7.5%||7.5%|
|Differently Abled (for Indian students only)||3%||3%|
|Kashmiri Migrants (for Indian students only)||2 seats over and above sanctioned intake||2 seats over and above sanctioned intake|
Symbiosis SET BBA 2021 Important Dates
|SET Application Form||Last Week of January 2021|
|Last Date for SET BBA Registration||Second Week of April 2021|
|Last Date for Application Fee Payment||Last Week of April 2021|
|Admit card Availability||Last week of April 2021|
|SET BBA Exam Date||First Week of May 2021|
|SET BBA Results||Second Week of May 2021|
- Register online: Fill up personal and academic details and select centre for PI-WAT (Personal interview and Written Ability Test)
- Pay the registration fees: Registration fees is Rs. 1000 for students. The fees is payable online only, through debit/credit cards and netbanking
- Download admit card: Download and print your admit card!
- Appear for SET: Appear for your 2.5 hour long test. Don’t forget to carry your admit card!
- Check SET BBA Result: Check your SET BBA result on the official website.
- Appear for WAT and PI: Candidates who clear the IPMAT are then called in for a written test and a personal interview. Please carry essential documents specified.
- PI-WAT results declared: Once the merit list is prepared, you will receive an intimation mail
- Application and Fees: Fill up online application for admission and pay the course fees. Send intimation of RTGS transfer.
- Report for Admission: Time for college. Yay!
For more details on how to fill the Symbiosis BBA Application form, read here.
Symbiosis BBA Fees Structure
|Indian Students||International Students|
|Rs. 3 Lakh per annum + Rs. 10000 (refundable deposit)||Rs. 4.5 Lakh per annum + Rs. 45 Thousand (Administrative cost) + Rs. 10000 (refundable deposit)|
Symbiosis BBA Fees is payable semester wise in two installments.
The Symbiosis BBA course will give you a holistic education related to management. It follows a semester system and has 2 terms in a year.
Symbiosis BBA SEMESTER – I
- Introduction to Business Studies
- Business Accounting
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Business Communication
- Business Mathematics
- Business Entrepreneurship
- Elements of IT
- Organizational Behaviour
- Integrated Disaster Management Programme
Symbiosis BBA SEMESTER – II
- Management Accounting
- Macroeconomic Theory
- Human Resource Management
- Business Statistics
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Core Environmental Studies
- Integrated Disaster Management
Symbiosis BBA SEMESTER – III
- Business Laws
- Managerial Competencies and Career Development
- Industrial Relations
- Basics of Consumer Behaviour
- Fundamentals of Services Marketing
- Post Liberalization Indian Economy
- Corporate Accounting
- Financial Management
- Global Environmental Challenges
- Introduction to Sustainable Development
- MSME and Family Managed Business
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Training and Development
- Fundamentals of Market Research
- Export Import Management
- Indirect Tax
- Business and Environmental Management
- Creativity and Innovation
Symbiosis BBA SEMESTER – IV
- Liberal Arts
- Communication Skills – Foundation Course
- Self Management- I
- International Relations
- Global Business Environment
- Workforce Planning
- Fundamentals of Brand Management
- International Economics : Theory and Practice
- Company Law
- Renewable Energy Sources
- Marketing Strategies for Entrepreneurs
- Floating credit courses* ·
- Service Learning
- IICT (i)
- Basic German I
- Basic French I
- Basic Spanish I
- Basic German II
- Basic French II
- Basic Spanish II
- IICT (ii)
- Basics of Sketching and Drawing
- Introduction to Socio-Cultural Studies
- Basics of Textiles
- Basics of Packaging Graphics
- Design Thinking and Problem Solving
- Fundamentals of Animation
Symbiosis BBA SEMESTER – V
- Fundamentals of Quality Management
- Research Methodology
- Cross Cultural Management
- Emotional Intelligence for Personal Growth
- Fundamentals of Rural Marketing
- Fundamentals of B2B Marketing
- India’s Foreign Trade
- International Commercial Laws
- Special Topics in Accounts
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Field Project
- Introduction to Environmental Pollution
- Group Entrepreneurship and Self Help Groups
Symbiosis BBA SEMESTER – VI
- Basics of Management Information Systems
- Introduction to Contemporary Business Practices
- Compensation Management
- HRD Instruments
SET BBA FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. Is there any age limit for applying for the SET BBA exam?
No. No age limits has been specified by the university for applying for this exam, as well as the course.
2. What is the minimum percentage I must have in class 12th to apply for the SET exam?
In order to be eligible for the exam, candidates need to have scored a minimum of 50% (for general and NC-OBC categories) and 45% for (SC/ST/PwD categories).
3. What is the syllabus for the SET BBA exam?
The syllabus for SET exam is divided into four sections. These include General English, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness and Analytical and Logical Reasoning.
4. How many cities can I select while filling up the SET BBA form?
You can select upto 3 cities.
5. What is the total fees for applying for SET BBA exam?
Students need to pay a registration fees of Rs. 1750, along with a separate non-refundable payment of Rs. 1000 per program per institute.