NPAT Exam Pattern is very important to understand for giving the NPAT exam. NMIMS Programs After Twelfth is the exam conducted to take admission for the undergraduate programs like BBA, B.Com.(Hons.), B.Sc. Finance, B.Sc. Economics, B.A. (Hons.) Liberal Arts, BBA – Branding & Advertising, etc.
Students are given the opportunity to study at the Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (Deemed to be University) at Mumbai, Hyderabad, Navi Mumbai, Indore, Shirpur, Bengaluru, e & Dhule Campuses.
The basic qualification required to apply for the NPAT is to have a minimum of 50% marks in their 10th and 12th-grade.
|Name of the Exam||NMIMS NPAT|
|Full-Form||NMIMS Programs After Twelfth|
|Conducting body||Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS)|
|Eligibility||Minimum 50% in 10th and 12th-grade|
|Total No. of Questions||120|
NPAT Exam Pattern
- NMIMS NPAT exam consists of mainly 3 sections: Quantitative and Numerical Ability, Reasoning and General Intelligence, and Proficiency in the English Language.
- Each section has 40 questions.
- Candidates have to answer 120 multiple choice questions in 100 minutes.
- Each question carries 1 mark. There is no negative marking in the NPAT exam.
|Section||No. of Questions||No. of Questions|
|Quantitative & Numerical ability||40||40|
|Reasoning & General Intelligence||40||40|
|Proficiency in the English Language||40||40|
NMIMS NPAT Exam Syllabus
Understanding the syllabus should be the first step for NMIMS NPAT aspirants. Questions from each of the three sections are asked from a wide range of topics. You need to be aware of those to prepare accordingly and focus on the parts you’re weak at.
Given below is the section-wise syllabus of the NPAT exam:
1. Quantitative & Numerical Ability
- This particular section analyzes your mathematical expertise.
- Questions can range from several topics like Arithmetics, Algebra, Sets and Functions, Number system, trigonometry, and so on.
- You need to be thorough with the mathematical formulas that come under all the topics under the syllabus
- Practice a lot in this section to improve your speed because time management is an important aspect of the NPAT exam.
NPAT Syllabus of Quantitative and Numerical Ability
|Fractions||Surds and Decimals||Number Series|
|Percentages||Profit & Loss||Discount|
|Compound Interest & Annuities||Ratio and Proportions||Time, Work, and DIstance|
|Linear & Quadratic sequence and Series||Operation on Sets and their Applications||Venn Diagram|
|Mean, Mode, and Median, Measures of Dispersion||Trigonometric Ratios, identities, Height, and Distances||2 D & 3D Figures- Areas & Volumes|
2. Reasoning & General Intelligence
- To score maximum marks in this section, candidates need to practice a lot on the topics given under the syllabus.
- Analyze certain strategies that are used to solve each kind of problem. You will get an idea of how to solve the questions quickly during the exam.
- Focus more on practicing different types of questions rather than just accumulating theoretical knowledge.
NPAT Syllabus for Reasoning & General Intelligence Section
|Decision Making||Problem Solving||Verbal-logical reasoning|
|Data sufficiency||Numerical Reasoning||Data Interpretation|
|Figure Analogy||Figure Matching||Figure Series|
3. Proficiency in the English Language
- Candidates are given the chance to score maximum marks in this section. Candidates often find this section easy compared to other sections.
- If you have a good command of the English Language you can do well in this section.
- Questions are related to Grammar, Vocabulary, and Reading Comprehension. There will be 3 reading comprehension passages each of 400-500 words, From each passage, 5 questions will be asked.
- Be alert with the colloquial mistakes you can make while answering.
NPAT Syllabus for Proficiency in the English Language
|Contextual Usage||Sequencing of Ideas||Reading Comprehension|
Understand the NPAT exam pattern and syllabus well to prepare well for the NMIMS entrance exam. NPAT BBA exam is the gateway to the constituent schools of SVKM’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies across India. Practice using the previous years’ question papers and sample test papers as much as you can. This will help you in assessing as well as improving yourself. Take a look at the NPAT preparation strategy now!