CUET or Common University Entrance Test is an all-India test being conducted by National Testing Agency in 53 central universities for admission in UG, PG, Integrated, Diploma and PhD courses. Conducted across 547 cities in India and 13 cities abroad, the National Testing Agency coordinates the exam. This article will give you all the basic information about the exam.
CUET Eligibility Criteria
For applying for CUET, you must fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
- Candidates must have passed class 12 from a recognized board to take admission in Bachelor’s degree programs in the Central Universities.
- A candidate of the general category needs to secure a minimum of 50 per cent in class XII, and an SC/ST candidate needs to have secured a minimum of 45 per cent in class XII in order to be eligible for the CUET.
- Fill out the application form: Fill out personal and academic details along with providing your photograph and signature. Pay the application fee via debit card/credit card/net banking.
- Download your Admit Card: Download your CUET admit card by signing into the admission portal. This admit card is very important as it needs to be carried to the exam hall, so don’t forget!
- Appear for CUET exam: Appear for the hour test where you will be asked questions about English Language, General Awareness, Mathematical Aptitude, Analytical Skills, and Domain Knowledge.
- Check your result: You can check your result online, on the official website.
Filling CUET Registration Form:
The different steps involved in the registration process for CUET 2022 are listed below:
To register for the CUET (UG) -2022 exam for the first time, click the “Register” button. Portal for CUET (UG) 2022: https://cuet.samarth.ac.in
Before applying for the CUET (UG) 2022 exam, download and thoroughly read the Information Bulletin.
3. Fill in details
Complete the registration form, including your personal information and current address. After that, select a password and enter the security pin, then click Submit.
In the preview application section, double-check the information, then click “Submit and Send OTP on Mobile.” You can edit your credentials at this point if necessary.
Finish the verification procedure by entering the OTP that was sent to your registered phone number or email address.
After that, you’re done with the registration process. You can complete your CUET 2022 application by logging in with the same User ID and Password you used to create your account. Let’s look at how to fill out the CUET 2022 Application form now.
Filling CUET Application Form:
You can go to the official website of NTA and fill the application form. The different steps involved are listed below:
On the NTA website, the CUET Application Form 2022 will be available. Download the announcement and instructions for filling out the CUET 2022 Application Form from the NTA’s official website. Take your time to read it.
Then, using the credentials listed above, log in and begin filling out the application form.
2. Filling the CUCET Application Form:
Personal information, qualifying exam information, educational information, correspondence address, course and university preference list, exam centre, photograph, signature, and declaration will all be required on the CUET 2022 application form.
Fill in all of the information with extreme caution. Make certain that the name is spelt correctly.
3. Select Courses and Universities:
In this step, you can select what course you wish to do in which of the central universities across India. Just fill in the names of the courses and the universities according to your order of preference. There will be a limit to the number of universities and programmes you can apply to in a single application. It will be announced in the official CUET announcement.
4. Select Language, Domain-Specific Subjects and Exam Center:
You’ll also be asked to specify the language and domain-specific subject you want to study at this point. Select them carefully. After that, you’ll have to choose your exam centre option. You have the option of adding up to four choices.
5. Uploading the Documents
Upload all the necessary documents like photographs and signatures according to the given format in this step. Recheck all the details and submit the CUET form.
6. CUET Application Fee Payment:
Payment can be done using the methods of UPI, Net Banking, or Debit/ Credit Card. Once payment is successful, take a printout of the application form. The CUET Application fee for both men and women in the general and OBC (Non-creamy layer) categories is Rs. 800, for SC/ST/PwD candidates is Rs. 600 and for PwBD is Rs. 500.
CUET Exam Pattern:
CUET pattern can be understood as follows:
Slot 1: 3 Hours 15 Minutes
Slot 2: 3 Hours 45 Minutes (May vary as per the choice of sections)
- Section IA
- Section IB
- Section II
- Section III
Maximum Number of Tests: 9 Tests
(2 Languages, 6 Domain Specific Subjects, 1 General Test OR 3 Languages, 5 Domain Specific Subjects, 1 General Test)
Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will get a score of +4 marks, and each wrong answer will get a score of -1 mark.
Question Paper Pattern: There will be section IA, section IB, which check the language efficiency, section II and section III for the exam, and section II consisting of the questions from the domain knowledge which differs according to the course you are applying for, like BCom, Hotel Management, Mass Communication, etc. Section III will have the General Test.
CUET Exam Pattern
For starting your CUET preparation, the first step is to read and understand the entrance exam pattern and focus on the important topics of each section.
1. Sections IA and IB
Sections IA and IB are both used to assess the effectiveness of the language. Candidates can select a maximum of three languages from Sections IA and IB combined. The third language must, however, be substituted for the candidate’s 6th domain-specific Subject.
Section IA contains 13 distinct languages. You can choose from any of these languages. Reading Comprehension (based on various sorts of passages–Factual, Literary, and Narrative), Literary Aptitude, and Vocabulary will be used to assess language. Section IB, on the other hand, has 20 languages. Any language other than those listed in Section I A may be used.
Based on the CUET Exam Pattern 2022, here is a list of languages.
Section IA of the CUET Exam Pattern 2022 includes the following 13 languages:
Section IB offers the following 20 languages:
2. Section II
There are 27 Domain-specific themes available in this section. A candidate may select up to six domains, depending on the preferences of the relevant University/University. These domains are:
- Biology/ Biological Studies/ Biotechnology/Biochemistry
- Business Studies
- Computer Science/ Informatics Practices
- Economics/ Business Economics
- Engineering Graphics
- Home Science
- Knowledge Tradition and Practices of India
- Legal Studies
- Environmental Science
- Physical Education/ NCC /Yoga
- Political Science
- Teaching Aptitude
- Mass Media/ Mass Communication
- Fine Arts/ Visual Arts (Sculpture/ Painting)/Commercial Arts
- Performing Arts – (i) Dance (Kathak/ Bharatnatyam/ Odissi/ Kathakali/Kuchipudi/ Manipuri (ii) Drama- Theater (iii) Music General (Hindustani/ Carnatic/ Rabindra Sangeet/ Percussion/ Non-Percussion)
3. Section III
The General Test is included in this section for every undergraduate programme offered by universities that uses a General Test for admission. General Knowledge, Current Events, General Mental Ability, Numerical Ability, Quantitative Reasoning (Simple application of basic mathematical concepts arithmetic/algebra geometry/mensuration taught until Grade 8), Logical and Analytical Reasoning are the topics addressed in these parts.
Hope this article helped you in understanding the details of the CUET exam. We wish you all the best!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
More Articles on CUET: