NMIMS NPAT 2020 was conducted on 26th-29th June in online remote proctored mode. Narsee Monjee Institute of Management (NMIMS) conducts NPAT or National Test for Programs After Twelfth for admission to BBA, BTech, BSc, BCom, BDes, MBA Technology, and other integrated courses. Candidates seek admission at NMIMS at Mumbai, Shirpur, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Navi Mumbai, Indore, and Dhule.
Candidates below 25 years of age who have passed 10th and 12th grade with an aggregate score of 60% are eligible to apply for NMIMS NPAT. The following exam analysis would help you evaluate your performance in the exam.
NMIMS NPAT Exam 2020 Key Highlights
- NMIMS NPAT exam date was 26-29th June 2020 from 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm. (Duration: 100 minutes)
- The mode of the exam was online home proctoring in the light of the pandemic.
- The NPAT exam had 3 sections; Verbal Ability, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning Ability.
- The total marks for the exam were 120.
- There wasn’t any sectional time limit for the exam and entrants had to submit each section to move on to the next one and changes cannot be made later on.
- Marking Scheme: Every correct answer will give 1 mark and there was no negative marking.
NMAT Exam Pattern
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Proficiency in the English Language||40||40|
|Quantitative and Numerical Ability||40||40|
NMIMS NPAT 2020 Exam – Sectional Analysis
Here is the detailed section-wise analysis of the Narsee Monjee Entrance Exam:
1. Proficiency in the English Language
- The majority of the questions in this section were related to Reading Comprehension and Grammar.
- There were 40 questions in this section.
- Overall the difficulty level of this section was easy.
- Students are expected to score more than 32 marks out of 40 in this section of the exam.
A detailed breakdown of the Proficiency in English Language Section:
|Topics||Type of Question||No. of Questions|
|Reading Comprehension||3 passages of 300-400 words||15; 5 from each passage|
|Grammar||Fill in the Blanks, Spot the Error||15|
|Para Jumbles||5 Sentences||5|
PROTIP: You need to focus on improving your reading speed and learn certain strategies to answer the Reading Comprehension section. Practice grammar and vocabulary with the help of study guides.
2. Reasoning Ability
- The total no. of questions in this section was also 40.
- Questions came from a variety of topics like Data Interpretation, Verbal Reasoning, and Mathematical Operations.
- Due to the time constraint, many candidates found it difficult to answer the data interpretation related questions.
- Overall, the difficulty level of this section was moderate.
- Examinees can score more than 33+ out of 40 in 40 minutes.
Detailed Sectional Breakdown:
|Topics||Type of Questions||No. of Questions|
|Data Interpretation||Graphs, Tables||10|
|Analytical Reasoning||Puzzle and Arrangement, Blood Relation, Chain relation, etc||10|
|Mental Ability||Visual Reasoning, Mathematical Operations, Arithmetic reasoning||10|
|Verbal Reasoning||Syllogism, Complete the Sequence, Statement arguments||7|
PROTIP: Practice a lot of questions from this section by referring to the NPAT Exam syllabus. Learn the strategies used to answer each type of questions
3. Quantitative and Numerical Ability
- Most of the candidates found this section especially difficult compared to other sections.
- Questions came from several topics and were time-consuming.
- There were 40 questions.
- Ideally, almost 20+ questions can be answered in about 35 minutes.
- Questions were related to Trigonometry, Probability, Set Theory, Function, etc.
A detailed breakdown of the Quantitative section of NPAT 2020
|Topics||Type of Question||No. of Questions|
|Function||Inverse function, Composite Function||3-4|
|Statistics||Median, Standard Deviation||4|
|Profit and Loss||MP, SP, Discount||2-3|
|Set Theory||Venn Diagram||3-4|
|Percentage||Mixed with ratio||2|
PROTIP: Be thorough with the mathematics topics from grade 9-12 to ace this section.
Overall NPAT 2020 Analysis
|Section||Level of Difficulty||Total Marks||Good Marks|
|Proficiency in the English Language||Moderate-Difficult||40||34+|
|Quantitative and Numerical Ability||Moderate-Difficult||40||20+|
NMIMS NPAT 2020 was overall considered moderate in the level of difficulty. This analysis would be helpful if you’re preparing for the NPAT 2021 or if you want to evaluate your performance. Don’t forget to check out previous years’ trends with NPAT exam analysis 2019.