NCHMCT JEE Application Form filling is compulsory for students wishing admissions in any of the hospitality programs available in the colleges affiliated with NHCM (National Council for Hotel Management). NCHMCT JEE (National Council for Hotel Management & Catering Technology Joined Entrance Exam), is an entrance exam conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA).
The eligibility of candidates for NCHMCT JEE is the completion of 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board with English as a subject. There are options to fill the application form online or offline.
Steps for filling NCHMCT JEE application forms online
Step 1: Register online for NCHMCT JEE
Before filling out the NCHMCT JEE application form, candidates are supposed to register for the exam. Personal details such as name and date of birth, among many others are to be provided here. https://nchmjee.nta.nic.in/ is the address of the NCHM NTA website where you can register.
Step 2: Filling Application form for NCHMCT JEE
The next step is to fill the NCHMCT JEE application form. Here, the candidate should provide the following details:
- Name, date of birth, and gender
- Parents’ names and details
- Test city of choice
- Educational qualifications
- Email ID
- Contact number etc.
After filling in, the candidate can review the form and edit it before submitting, if there is something not to their liking. Once satisfied with all the correct details filled in, they can submit the forms.
Step 3: Uploading Photograph and Signature
The next step is to upload the candidates’ photo and signature, which will appear on their NCHMCT JEE application form. For this, the candidate has to keep scanned copies of both ready, according to the requirements. The maximum sizes and the formats in which the photograph and signature are to be submitted is predetermined, as follows:
|Photo (coloured or black and white)||10 KB to 200 KB||jpg/ jpeg|
|Signature||4 KB to 30 KB||jpg/ jpeg|
Step 4: Paying NCHMCT JEE Application Fee
In this next step, the candidate can select how to pay the NCHMCT JEE application fee. Different methods such as Net Banking and UPI payment are available. Candidates can also pay the fee using a credit card, debit card, or Paytm. The application fee differs according to the category of the candidate as listed below:
- General/ Non-Creamy Layer OBC: Rs 900
- SC/ ST/ PD/ Transgender: Rs 450
- EWS: Rs 700
Step 5: Downloading the Confirmation Page
After paying the application fee successfully, the candidate can either print or download the Confirmation Page that pops after a successful transaction. Things to keep in mind are:
- If the transaction has failed, the confirmation page would not pop up and if money has been debited from the candidate’s bank account, it would be refunded immediately to their account.
- If the confirmation page does not pop up even after the payment gateway says successful transaction, then it means the payment has failed. The candidate will then have to do the payment procedure again.
Step 6: Printing the Application Form
Candidates are given an “auto-generated Application Number”, after successful payment of the fee. Once the fee is paid, the candidate can no longer make edits in their NCHMCT JEE application form. After saving a copy of the form, the candidates need to take a printout of the same and keep it safe.
Things to Remember
There are a few things to be kept in mind while filling the NCHMCT JEE application form, to avoid mistakes:
- Offline application forms for NCHMCT JEE are to be bought along with the information brochure from the NCHMCT Office located in Noida or from any of the hotel management institutions affiliated with NCHMCT.
- The application form is to be filled only in English.
- The name of the candidate is to be filled in the same way as it appears on the candidate’s class 10th certificate.
- The photograph to be uploaded should preferably be a color photo taken recently, with a white background.
- While filling the offline application form, make sure to glue the photo and not staple it. Also, mistakes should be avoided as no editing will be allowed after the submission. Hence, no overwriting in any sections.
Thus, filling the NCHMCT JEE application form online or offline will make you eligible to write the NCHMCT JEE exam.