Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies or SSCBS is one of the important colleges under Delhi University, located in New Delhi. The admissions process for business courses for this college is done through the DU JAT, the entrance exam to Delhi University. Any student who has completed a 10+2 course with 50% marks and English as a subject is considered eligible to appear for the exam. In this article, you will be able to get to know a few facts about the campus and placements of this college.
Campus Infrastructure Facilities
SSCBS is known for the facilities that they offer to students, which are of the top class. Given below are more details about the infrastructure and other details of the campus.
- Library: It has an extensive collection of books and a variety of periodicals. Digital resources like Scopus, INFLIBNET, and Web of Science databases are also available. Students can borrow up to a maximum of 5 books at a time.
- Labs: The labs are fully equipped with all the resources needed for any kind of experiment. They are updated according to the recent developments in the sector.
- Cafeteria: There are multiple eateries inside the campus. offering clean and healthy food.
- Meeting Spaces: The college offers meeting spaces such as auditoriums, conference rooms, and seminar halls.
- Classrooms: All the classrooms are smart with some of them being air-conditioned.
- Sports facilities: Sports facilities include sports courts and grounds.
- WiFi: The campus is a Wi-Fi Campus. Students, as well as teachers, can connect their devices to the Wi-Fi for free and use the internet.
Placements at SSCBS
BBA and BMS are dynamic undergraduate course that is updated to the requirements of the industry. The graduates are skilled in various skills, which make them of great value for businesses and industries, including best management practices, finance, accounts, business, marketing, etc. The basics, as well as advanced management principles, are taught to BBA and BMS students. The course is not limited to theoretical concepts; it also offers practical knowledge through internships and exposure to the industry. Not only that, but they also contribute to the development of communication skills and the development of a student in its overall personality.
The SSCBS has a Placement Cell that offers industrial training and jobs to the students in the BMS and BBA program. Being one of the most sought-after institutions, companies appear to conduct walk-in interviews and campus selections regularly.
Recruitment Fields for a BBA or BMS Student
BBA and BMS students have a wide range of skills. They can therefore take on professional possibilities in many fields, both privately and in governmental sectors. Some standard recruitment fields are given below.
- Sales & Marketing: Marketing for BBA and BMS graduates is another popular recruiting area. BBA and BMS refreshers are often hired for entrance positions by private organizations and start-ups. Although these positions do not offer the most attractive salary packages, they offer excellent opportunities for learning and experience.
- Human Resource Management: All key organizations and companies have to have HR departments. HR Management is a part of the BBA curriculum, and businesses prefer BBA graduates.
- Supply Chain Management: For management graduates, SCM is a popular choice. It is essential for the automotive and manufacturing industries.
- Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance Sector (BFSI): BFSI is one of the leading graduate recruiters. In this field, the financial accounting and economic skills gained during the course are highly required.
- Finance and Accounting: The branch of finance and accounting is a brilliant field for BBA and BMS graduates. A graduate will look for career opportunities in this sector in many main fields.
- E-commerce: The importance and the share of e-commerce and the number of transactions made on e-commerce platforms are growing continuously. In what is known as hyperlocal supply systems, a range of service aggregates now often merge brick and mortar marketplaces with online platforms. BBA and BMS students may also work in these companies to start a career.
Courses to Pursue After BBA and BMS from SSCBS
Some students may even want to go for higher education after their BBA or BMS. Since BBA has been an acclaimed bachelor’s degree course for three years in many fields, it encourages candidates to hunt for higher choices. Some of the famous courses after completing the BBA and BMS are as mentioned below:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- Master of Business Administration
- Post Graduate Programme in Management
- Master of Management Studies
- Bachelor of Education
- Chartered Accountant
- Bachelor of Law
SSCBS is one of the top colleges in India for pursuing a BBA or BMS. The students who passed out after completing the BBA or BMS course are placed in some of the top companies in India and also outside India. Hope this article was of help to you.