Let your hard work propel you to a speed so fast that good luck has no choice but to ride with a winner like you.
On the day of the exam, it is normal for an aspirant to get nervous and panic because they feel it’s like a judgment day for him or her. A day which will decide what course their life will take. In a way, students are right. The exam day is the crux of their days, months, even years, of hard work. It is like the ballot box which stores the future of many aspirants.
This is why this day holds so much importance. Hence, it is advised to take some important steps in order to avoid any mishaps on this day. Some of these tips are discussed below:
1. Relax the night before the exam
The night before the exam seems to be the most important time of our life, as every one of us is busy revising stuff crazily. This night is so full of anxiety and stress that many of us even ignore dinner and sleep. But doing so could harm your health. So here are some tips:
- Do not skip the meals prior to your exam.
- Do not study late at night as you will feel unwell and unfocussed in the exam
- Set the alarm before going to sleep
- Pack your exam bag before sleeping. DO NOT FORGET YOUR ADMIT CARD
2. Early morning preparations
On the day of your exam,
- Make sure you wake up early enough to get ready
- Have breakfast.
- Drink some water and hydrate yourself
- Meditation for 3 to 4 minutes. This will activate your mind and reduce stress levels.
- Recheck your bag to see if you have kept everything in your bag.
3. Eat healthily
It is very important to take a meal before an exam, having a balanced and healthy diet is good for you.
- Do not eat junk or very oily/spicy food on this day because it can make several indigestion problems.
- 4-6 pieces of almonds, fruit juice, and banana will make you feel full for a long time.
- Plan your meal for exam day a day before the exam to save time
4. Keep your admit card ready
The very first document which is required in the exam is the admit card. So,
- Download the admit card a week before the exam
- Download and print out at least 2 hard copies of the admit card.
- Read every instruction regarding the exam written on the admit card, like the exam venue, exam timings, documents required, etc.
5. Pre-plan your logistical arrangements
Pre-plan your logistical arrangements beforehand.
- Try to reach the examination center one or two hours prior to the exam timings.
- Be extra careful if you are new to the exam city, or if there are diversions or traffic jams on the way. Ideally, visit the exam center sometime before the exam to check on these things.
- Reaching the exam center an hour before the exam will relax you and get you used to the surroundings.
6. Keep your photo identity proof ready
Your personal identity card like your aadhar card, voter card, or any other type of photo identity card is verified at the time of the exam. For this:
- Find out which IDs are permissible for entering the exam center
- Get your ID photocopied beforehand and pack it in your bag one night before the exam.
- Keep the ID handy.
7. Be prepared for security check
There is an electronic or physical security check performed before the commencement of the exam so it is advised to:
- Wear clothes that do not evoke any suspicions.
- Wear minimum jewelry as sometimes it is not allowed inside the examination hall.
- Do not carry any electronic gadgets like a digital calculator or smartwatch at the test center.
- Your mobile phones will be submitted at the entrance gate. Sometimes, it is possible that there are no such arrangements for mobile phones, so be prepared for this eventuality.
8. Bio-breaks may not be allowed
You may not be allowed to take any bio breaks during the exam time like washroom or water breaks. So you must have to sort these things prior to the exam so that you do not feel uncomfortable during the exam.
Being prepared on exam day is as important as your preparation for the exam. A little bit of carelessness can break your dream, so make sure you are 100% ready to take the exam and done with all the prior arrangements required before the exam.