CUET syllabus is among the most researched topics on Google when the entrances roll around each year. Christ University conducts CUET each year to find out the best candidates for their courses. Bachelor of Commerce (B.com) is one of the most highly favoured courses that the university has to offer. To get into this course, each year thousands of students prepare to crack the highly coveted CUET. The one question that always lingers in the student’s minds is how?
CUET 2021: Eligibility
- The candidate appearing for the qualifying examination should have passed 12th from a recognized institution and board.
- In case an examination for class 12th hasn’t been conducted then one can take the exam on the basis of their marks obtained in the previous class.
- The terms of eligibility for NRI students are different and available on the official website
- Foreign students have to show proof of passing a qualifying examination that is equivalent to a board examination.
- IELTS and TOEFL scores are mandatory for students belonging to non-English speaking countries.
CUET B. Com Exam Pattern
To crack the exam, one needs to first understand its pattern of operation:
|Mode||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Duration||2 hours (120 Minutes)|
|Marks awarded for the correct answer||+1|
|Marks deducted for incorrect answer||-0.25|
CUET B.com is broadly divided into six categories. The marking scheme is as follows
|Section||Marks||No. of Questions|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||20 marks||20|
|Fundamental Accounting||20 marks||20|
|Data Analysis and Interpretation||20 marks||20|
CUET Syllabus B.Com 2021
CUET syllabus for B.com covers majorly six topics. Under these six categories, there are some topics that are important. Let’s have a look at them:
General Knowledge and Current Affairs
For this section one needs to study:
- Important dates
- Famous landmarks
- National and International News
- Famous Books and Authors
- National and International politics, economy, and history
- Important Awards and Honors
- Famous national and International movements
- Science and Technology
- Blood Relation
- Coding and Decoding
- Cause and effect
- Non-verbal Reasoning
- Quadratic and linear equations
- Profit and loss
- Interest (Simple and Compound)
- Fill in the blanks
- Word substitution
- Accounting cycle
- Accounting Instruments
- Accounting Equations
- Accounting for Inventories
- Assets, Liabilities , Equities
- Accounting Books and Accounts
- Accounting Transactions
- Calculating accounting earnings
Data Analysis and Interpretation
It includes reading and interpreting :
- Pie Charts
- Line Charts
- Bar graphs
Important things to keep in mind
- It is important to first cover your basics and start with what has been taught to you till now.
- The syllabus is focused on testing your existing knowledge regarding your subject and your general awareness.
- Along with syllabus management, you should also be focusing on time management.
- The CUET syllabus has not been changed from the previous year, so it is important to go through the previous year’s question papers.
Things to look out for
|Application form||The Christ University application form for session 2021 is available on the official site from 8th December 2021|
|Last date for the application form||April first week 2021 (tentative)|
|Admit card||May 2021 (tentative)|
|CUET date||May 2021 (tentative)|
|Selection process||last week of May 2021 (tentative)|
|Results||June 2021 (tentative)|
|Counseling||July 2021 (tentative)|
It is important to keep in touch with the pattern of exams and the changes over the year. Preparing in advance would help to cover the CUET syllabus in time.