CUET BBA 2019 was the entrance exam to Christ (Deemed to be University), one of the oldest and best multi-disciplinary universities in India. They conduct CUET (Christ University Entrance Test) every year in three sessions to admit students into various degrees they offer at their university, for eg, BBA, Bcom (Hons), Btech, BBA LLB, etc. This article is going to help you understand all about the entrance exams held in the previous years, and prepare better for the upcoming ones by making use of the CUET BBA 2019 exam analysis for management courses provided by us.
To secure a seat into one of the colleges under Christ University, you have to go through various rounds of selection process which entails the CUET BBA(Christ University Entrance Test), followed by a Skill Assessment Test, a Micro Presentation round, and lastly, a Personal Interview. This article is aimed at providing a detailed and informative three year analysis of the CUET exams for their management courses, which admit students into the following programmes:
- BBA (Honours)
- BBA in Finance and International Business
- BBA in FinTech
- BBA in Tourism and Travel Management, etc.
Over the year, the CUET exam has retained its syllabus, timings and pattern, however some changes have been noted which is important to educate yourself before you give 2020’s CUET. Given below is last three years, including CUET BBA 2019 exam analysis:
|Duration||2 Hours||2 Hours||2 Hours|
|Mode||Online Computer Based||Online Computer Based||Online Computer Based|
|No. of Questions||120||120||120|
|Marking Scheme||+1 for correct answer, -0.25 for incorrect attempt||+1 for correct answer, -0.25 for incorrect attempt||+1 for correct answer, -0.25 for incorrect attempt|
|Overall Difficulty Level||Moderate||Moderate – Difficult||Moderate – Difficult|
|Timings and Shifts||On: 30/04/2017||On: 29/04/2018On: 17/05/2018||On: 28/04/19On: 11/05/19|
Some changes over the years
- The mode of CUET BBA 2019 examination was online computer based as usual. But for the 2020 exam, students will be able to take the exam from the comfort of their homes due to the ongoing pandemic.
- The Session II and Session III have been delayed for 2020.
- Students will need to complete 120 Questions in 2 hours.
- There are no changes in terms of the syllabus of the examination. There will be 6 sections as per normal, which are Fundamental Accounting, General English, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability, Data Analysis and Interpretation, and lastly, General Knowledge. . All of the sections will have equal weightage each, and each contain 40 marks.
- There is -0.25 negative marking for every wrong attempt.
- All the questions will be Objective (MCQ) type.
CUET BBA 2019 Exam Analysis
By now you must have had some idea about how Christ university has been conducting its yearly entrances into different courses to its colleges. Over the years it has been noticed that the syllabus of the year has remained same, with difficulty levels also being the same almost every year, however the exam did have minor changes in its pattern in the CUET BBA 2019, which can be broadly seen below in a detailed analysis of the previous year’s exam.
Broad Highlights of CUET BBA 2019 Analysis
- Session II exam was conducted on 28th April 2019 and Session II exam was conducted on 11th May 2019.
- The time to complete the exam was the same, i.e 2 hours and students were able to complete their exam on time.
- The maximum marks for the exam was 120, and 120 questions needed to be done. There was -0.25 negative marking for the wrong attempts.
- The CUET BBA 2019 was Objective type.
- The exam difficulty was found to be moderate but students did encounter some questions in the Quantitative section, as well as the English to be difficult and tricky.
- Overall the exam was of moderate to difficult difficulty level.
1. English Section Analysis
CUET BBA 2019 English section was a wakeup call for the students who usually slack on their preparations of the English language. Students found the section to be a bit difficult as it tested their deep understanding of the English grammar and related topics. The maximum marks in the section were allotted to reading comprehension, and other important topics like vocabulary, synonyms, antonyms, etc could be found in the exam. We would suggest students to not miss preparing for the English section at all, as it has a lot of weightage in the exam, and is easily scorable if studied efficiently and adequately. Given below is a list of topics that you must practice:
- Reading Comprehension
- Grammar – Parts of speech, Voice of speech, Conditionals, etc.
- Sentence correction
- Identification of Errors
- Idioms and Phrases
- Para jumbles
- Syntax, etc.
2. Fundamental Accounting Section Analysis
This section of the CUET BBA 2019 was found to be of moderate to difficult level by the students. Some questions were found to be rather tricky than the others, and students wasted a lot of time trying to attempt them . To get better hold of this section, we would highly recommend practicing questions from your grade 11th and 12th account textbooks as the questions will be based on the topics and concepts given in them. Also, you should keep in mind that you should not waste time on questions which you find lengthy and difficult, but rather leave them for the end to save time. Below are some important topics that you should cover for the exam:
- Assets, Liabilities and Equities
- Accounting for Inventories
- Accounting Equations
- Accounting Cycle
- Accounting Transactions.
- Accounting Instruments, etc.
3. Quantitative Section Analysis
This section of the CUET BBA 2019 also had some difficult questions which students struggled at, especially those who did not take Mathematics in their school. The overall level remained at moderate to difficult levels. Students should make it a point to leave the difficult questions for the end as the exam has five other sections to be completed in time as well. Given below are some important topics that you should pay attention to for the upcoming exam:
- Simple and Compound interest
- Time and Work
- Profit and Loss
- Time, Speed and Distance
- Series and Sequences
- Coordinate Geometry
- Quadratic Equation
- Functions, etc.
4. Logical Reasoning Section Analysis
The Logical and Analytical Reasoning section of CUET BBA 2019 exam had the same pattern and difficulty levels as the past exams. However, some questions were too lengthy according to the students. The syllabus was the same as of the last year and overall the section was moderate in the difficulty level. Study the following topics carefully for 2020’s exam:
- Blood Relations
- Reasoning and Assumptions, etc.
5. Data Analysis and Interpretation Section Analysis
This section of the CUET BBA 2019 was easily doable as the questions came just like last year’s syllabus and pattern. The overall level was easy to moderate. Students should practice this section from their school textbooks from class 10th onwards as a lot of questions were asked from these topics prescribed in the book. Given below are some important list of topics that come in the exam:
- Bar Graphs
- Mixed-graphs, etc.
6. General Knowledge Section Analysis
Students found this section of the CUET BBA 2019 to be easy as a lot of recent general affairs questions were asked. They also found that some important topics that could be found in the exam were related to eminent personalities, important UN bodies, Awards and Honours, etc. Read the following topics for your next CUET exam:
- General affairs
- News in the areas of sports, geography, politics,etc.
- Eminent Personalities
- Awards and Honours
- News on Environment, etc.
The exam has been postponed this year due to the pandemic. This gives you more time to strategize for the exam efficiently to aim for a great score in the entrance. We hope that the above CUET BBA 2019 analysis helps you get a seat in your desired Christ University campus. You can read the article about the preparation strategy for the CUET BBA by clicking here. All the best!