Christ (Deemed to be University) is one of the oldest and best multi-disciplinary universities in India. They conduct CUET (Christ University Entrance Test) every year in three sessions to admit students into various degrees they offer at their university, for eg, BHM, Bcom (Hons), Btech, BBA LLB, etc. By the means of this article, we are going to help you understand all about the entrance exams held in the previous years, and prepare better for the upcoming ones by making use of the 2019 CUET exam analysis for the Hotel Management course provided by us.
To secure a seat into the Bangalore Central Campus of Christ University for Bachelor’s in Hotel Management degree, you have to go through several rounds of selection process which entails the CUET (Christ University Entrance Test), followed by a Skill Assessment Test, Micro Presentation, a Personal Interview round, and finally an assessment of your Academic performance during the higher senior secondary classes. This article is aimed at providing a detailed and informative three year analysis of the CUET exams for their Hotel Management course.
Over the year, the CUET exam has retained its syllabus, timings and pattern, however some changes have been noted which is important to educate yourself before you give 2020’s CUET. Given below is last three years, i.e, 2017 to 2019’s exam analysis:
|Duration||2 Hours||2 Hours||2 Hours|
|Mode||Online Computer Based||Online Computer Based||Online Computer Based|
|No. of Questions||120||120||120|
|Marking Scheme||+1 for correct answer, -0.25 for incorrect attempt||+1 for correct answer, -0.25 for incorrect attempt||+1 for correct answer, -0.25 for incorrect attempt|
|Overall Difficulty Level||Moderate||Moderate – Difficult||Moderate – Difficult|
|Timings and Shifts||On: 30/04/17||On: 29/04/18On :17/05/18||On: 11/04/19|
Some changes over the years
- The mode of examination was online computer based as usual. But for the 2020 exam, students will be able to take the exam from the comfort of their homes due to the ongoing pandemic.
- The exam was conducted on 17th May 2020.
- Students will need to complete 120 Questions in 2 hours.
- There are no changes in terms of the syllabus of the examination. There will be 6 sections as per normal, which are Fundamental Accounting, General English, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability, Data Analysis and Interpretation, and lastly, General Knowledge. All of the sections will have equal weightage each, and each contain 20 marks.
- There is -0.25 negative marking for every wrong attempt and +1 for every correct answer.
- All the questions will be Objective (MCQ) type.
CUET BHM 2019 Exam Analysis
By now you must have had some idea about how Christ university has been conducting its yearly entrances into different courses to its colleges. Over the years it has been noticed that the syllabus of the year has remained same, with difficulty levels also being the same almost every year, however the exam did have minor changes in its pattern in the year 2019, which can be broadly seen below in a detailed analysis of the previous year’s exam.
Broad Highlights of CUET BHM 2019 Analysis
- The exam was conducted on 11th April 2019.
- The time to complete the exam was the same, i.e 2 hours and students were able to complete their exam on time.
- The maximum marks for the exam was 120, and 120 questions needed to be done. There was -0.25 negative marking for the wrong attempts.
- The exam was Objective type.
- The exam difficulty was found to be moderate but students did encounter some questions in the Quantitative section, as well as the English to be difficult and tricky. The section on Accounting had easy to do questions, which tested the prior knowledge of the students from 11th and 12th grade.
- Overall the exam was of moderate difficulty level.
English Section Analysis
Students found the section to be the easiest of all as it was well along the lines of previous year’s exam pattern and had questions which all students must have practiced before the entrance. The maximum marks in the section were allotted to reading comprehension, and other important topics like vocabulary, synonyms, antonyms, etc could be found in the exam. We would suggest students to not miss preparing for the English section at all, as it has a lot of weightage in the exam, and is easily scorable if studied efficiently and adequately. Given below is a list of topics that you must practice:
- Reading Comprehension
- Fill in the Blanks
- Grammar – Parts of speech, Voice of speech, Conditionals, etc.
- Sentence correction
- Identification of Errors
- Idioms and Phrases
- Para jumbles
- Syntax, etc.
Fundamental Accounting Section Analysis
The section was found to be of moderate difficulty level by the students. It tested the basic accounting knowledge of the aspirants, which was easier for the students who already belong to Commerce stream.To get a better hold of this section, we would highly recommend practicing questions from your grade 11th and 12th account textbooks as the questions were based on the topics and concepts given in them. The exam saw a lot of theory which students have studied during their schooling. Also, you should keep in mind that you should not waste time on questions which you find lengthy and difficult, but rather leave them for the end to save time. Below are some important topics that you should cover for the exam:
- Assets, Liabilities and Equities
- Journal entry
- Accounting for Inventories
- Accounting Equations and Basic Conceptual Knowledge
- Accounting Cycle
- Accounting Transactions.
- Accounting Instruments, etc.
Quantitative Section Analysis
This section also had some difficult questions which students struggled at, especially those who did not take Mathematics in their school. The overall level remained at moderate to difficult levels. Not all questions were hard, but there were also a good number of questions which everyone could attempt easily. Students should make it a point to leave the difficult questions for the end as the exam has five other sections to be completed in time as well. Given below are some important topics that you should pay attention to for the upcoming exam:
- Simple and Compound interest
- Time and Work
- Profit and Loss
- Time, Speed and Distance
- Series and Sequences
- Coordinate Geometry
- Quadratic Equation
- Functions, etc.
Logical Reasoning Section Analysis
The Logical and Analytical Reasoning section of CUET’s 2019 BHM exam had the same pattern and difficulty levels as the past exams. However, some questions in particular were very easy according to students. The syllabus was the same as of the last year and overall the section was easy to moderate in the difficulty level. Study the following topics carefully for 2020’s exam:
- Visual Reasoning
- Blood Relations
- Direction and Distance
- Coding and Decoding
- Reasoning and Assumptions, etc.
Data Analysis and Interpretation Section Analysis
This section was easily doable as the questions came just like last year’s syllabus and pattern. The overall level was easy to moderate. Students should practice this section from their school textbooks from class 10th onwards as a lot of questions were asked from these topics prescribed in the book. If you prepare from your school Mathematics books, as well as give ample number of Mock Tests online, you can definitely get a good score in this section. Given below are some important list of topics that come in the exam:
- Bar Graphs
- Mean and Median
- Standard Deviation
- Mixed-graphs, etc.
General Knowledge Section Analysis
Students found the section to be easy as a lot of recent general affairs questions were asked. They also found that some important topics that could be found in the exam were related to eminent personalities, important UN bodies, Awards and Honours, etc. Read the following topics for your next CUET BHM exam:
- General affairs
- Static GK
- Heads of famous companies and institutions
- News in the areas of sports, geography, politics,etc.
- Eminent Personalities
- Awards and Honours
- News on Environment, etc.
Every exam is easy to ace if you have the right approach towards it. Every preparation is almost incomplete without having a look at what the exam was like in the previous years. There have been minute changes in the exam pattern but it has remained of easy-moderate difficulty level. We hope this analysis of BHM CUET exams helps you for your upcoming CUET entrance and lands you a seat in their campus. All the best!