IHM Entrance Exam is also known as NCHMCT JEE (National Council for Hotel Management & Catering Technology Joined Entrance Exam). It is conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA), and students who crack it are accepted into hospitality programs such as the Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering (BHMCT), available in colleges affiliated with NCHM- National Council for Hotel Management. The eligibility of candidates for the IHM Entrance Exam is the completion of 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board with English as a subject.
It is important for candidates to know how to prepare for the IHM Entrance Exam or NCHMCT JEE so that they can utilize their time productively. This article would give you an idea about which books to use and how to prepare yourself for the exam.
Best Books for Reference
There are a lot of books you can refer to when it comes to preparing for the IHM entrance exam. Selecting the best study material is very important. You need to wisely choose the texts that are prepared on the updated syllabus of NCHMCT JEE.
NCERT textbooks for classes 11 and 12 are very helpful in preparing for the IHM entrance exam since a lot of the questions test your basic knowledge in subjects that you’ve studied in school. Other books specific for preparing for each of the sections is given below:
1. English Language
- Pearson’s English
- Arihant General English for all Competitive Examinations by Hari Mohan Prashad
- High School English Grammar & Composition by Wren and Martin
- Objective General English by S.P. Bakshi
- English – From Plinth to Paramount (Vol-1 and 2) by Neetu Singh
2. Numerical Ability and Analytical Aptitude
- Quantitative Aptitude by RS Aggarwal
- Quantitative Aptitude by NK Singh
- 30 Days Wonder Maths by S Chand
- Quantitative Aptitude by Arihant
3. General Knowledge and Current Affairs
- Manorama Yearbook
- Pratiyogita Darpan
- Lucent’s GK
- Pearson India Yearbook
- Arihant General Knowledge
- General Awareness by Manohar Panday
4. Reasoning and Logical Deductions
- 501 Challenging Logical reasoning Practice Book
- A modern approach to Verbal and Nonverbal Reasoning by RS Agarwal
- Quantitative Aptitude Question Papers for Banks and others Govt. entrance exam by MK Pandey
- A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Non-Verbal by B.S. Sijwali and Indu Sijwali
5. Aptitude for Service Sector
- R Sharma’s aptitude for the service sector
- The Ultimate guide for Hotel Management by Arihant
- R Gupta’s book for Hotel Management
NCHMCT JEE Exam Preparation
While preparing for the NCHMCT JEE, the main fundamentals that will help you are
- Understanding of the syllabus
- Make a Study Plan
- Choosing Good Study Material
- Revision and Practice
Given below are the tips to improve on these fundamentals:
1. Understanding the syllabus
Before starting to prepare for the IHM Entrance exam, you should know what are the topics you need to cover for the exam. This is why you should have an understanding of the syllabus. Once you know what to study, you can easily allot time for each topic that you need to study.
2. Make a study plan
The next step of preparation is making a study plan. After self-analysis of the knowledge you possess in each of the topics in the syllabus, you can create a time table for studying. Be sure to allocate more time to the subjects that you need to be thorough in and less time to the topics that you are already confident in. While creating a study plan, you must give importance to the following:
- Make notes while studying, so that you can go through it when necessary.
- Take small breaks every hour, to keep you motivated and fresh.
- Make sure that you sleep at least 6 hours a day.
- Set a goal each day and work hard to achieve it.
3. Choosing Good Study Material
Choosing the right study materials is important in preparing NCHMCT JEE. When you look for books and texts, make sure to choose the ones that have the complete and updated syllabus of the exam.
4. Revision and Practice
After studying a topic, revise it at the end of the day. Revise everything you have learned in the week during the weekend. Revision is as important as studying. In the end, test your knowledge by taking NCHMCT mock tests. Analyze which areas you need to work more on and allocate more time to it. You will also get an idea of how questions are asked in the real exam to help you in managing time.
Once you’re done with all these steps, just put them to action by starting your preparation with this NCHMCT JEE exam analysis. Be sure to ace the IHM entrance exam.