IPU CET BBA 2019 was the entrance test conducted by the GGSIPU, short for Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University as a part of their admission process to their BBA program. It is one of the country’s most respectable, and trusted universities set up by the government of NCT of Delhi. It offers wide ranging courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate level. If you are someone who aspires to study in this reputed university, you have to go through either NLT (National Level Test) which is conducted by various authorities, or sit for a CET (Common Entrance Test) which is held for different programmes, and is conducted by the University itself.
For every group of exams, which have a common test syllabi, one CET code is assigned. Since this article discusses the exam pattern, and the trends in CET exam for Management courses in last three years, IPU CET exam for Management courses is for admissions into the following undergraduate programmes:
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Banking and Insurance)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Computer Aided Management)
This article aims to help you get an idea of what all has been asked in previous year’s entrance exams including the IPU CET BBA 2019, and what can be asked this year. By doing a three year comparative analysis of the exam, you can get a lot of useful information about the structure of the exam, and make preparation strategies according to it. Given below is a table showing a comparative analysis of the last three years IPU BBA CET entrance for Management courses:
|Changes (If any)||2017||2018||2019|
|Duration||2.5 Hours||2.5 Hours||2.5 Hours|
|Mode||Offline Mode (Pen – Paper based)||Offline Mode (Pen – Paper based)||Online Computer Based|
|No. of Questions||150||150||100|
|Marking Scheme||+4 for every correct answer, and -1 for every wrong answer||+4 for every correct answer, and -1 for every wrong answer||+4 for every correct answer, and -1 for every wrong answer|
|Overall Difficulty Level||Moderate||Moderate – Difficult||Moderate|
|Timings and Shifts||On 07/06/17||On 26/06/18||On 11/06/19|
Some changes over the years
- The mode of the examination was pen-paper based ever since it started, however due to the Covid-19 pandemic, GGSIPU has decided to hold the examination in an Online computer based mode.
- Till IPU CET BBA 2019, the total number of questions asked in the exam was 150. However, from this year onwards, the total number of questions has been reduced by 50, i.e, it is now 100 questions.
- The exam will be of 2.5 hours, and the total marks will be 400.
- There are no changes in terms of the syllabus of the examination. There will be 4 sections as per normal, which are General English and Comprehension, General Awareness, Logical and Analytical Ability, and lastly, Aptitude related to the field of Management and Communication Skills. All of the sections will have 25% weightage each.
IPU CET BBA 2019 Exam Analysis
We hope that you must have gained some idea about the CET exams for BBA and its allied courses of the past three years. It is time to look closely at IPU CET BBA 2019 entrance exam and all about it, from the test-takers point of view to improve our understanding of the exam.
Broad highlights of IPU BBA CET 2019
- The exam was conducted on 11th June 2019.
- The maximum marks was 400, and the time to complete the exam was 2.5 hours.
- The mode in which the IPU CET BBA 2019 exam was conducted was online computer based.
- It was found that the difficulty level of the exam was somewhere between moderate to difficult.
1. English Section Analysis
Like most language ability sections in entrances, it was found that General English and Comprehension section of the IPU CET BBA 2019 was doable and scoring. Students found the section to be of easy to moderate difficulty. It was observed that a lot of questions were based on checking the vocabulary of students, so if you wish to excel in this section, make sure you brush up your vocabulary and grammar skills. The level of Reading Comprehension of last year’s exam was moderate, and having good reading speed proved to be a benefit for the students. Important topics which came in the exam are given below:
- Reading Comprehension
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- One word substitutions
- Phrases and Idioms
- Vocabulary and Grammar, etc.
2. General Awareness Section Analysis
This section of the IPU CET BBA 2019 is scoring if you prepare current affairs very nicely. 2019’s exam section of General Awareness was ranging from moderate to difficult in difficulty level and students were asked questions on the recent happenings of the past. To ace in this section make sure you keep yourself abreast with the latest news around the world, and pay attention to the news on the following topics:
- Current Happenings around the world
- Science and Technology
- Business and Economics related news
- Awards and Honours
- Sports and Media, etc.
3. Logical Reasoning and Analytical Section Analysis
Although the level of difficulty of this section of the IPU CET BBA 2019 was moderate, it is advised that you practice logical reasoning questions daily. Everyday practice of important topics like Arrangements, Direction, Coding-Decoding, etc will give you confidence to handle the questions efficiently and accurately. Here is a list of topics that will be coming for the 2020 exam, and that needs special attention and practice by you to get a great score:
- Assumptions and Statements
- Arrangement and Ranking
- Direction and Distance Test
- Venn Diagram
- Number Series,etc.
4. Management Aptitude and Communication Skills Section Analysis
This section of the IPU CET BBA 2019 exam will be designed to test your thinking and problem solving skills. It goes without saying that it will also the management aptitude that you have and your ideas about the world of business and globalisation. To get a great score in this section, it is suggested that you keep yourself informed with the latest news and updates by RBI,i.e Reserve Bank of India and its monetary policies, and also study the Business Studies book of your 11th and 12th grade. The following are some important topics that can be asked in the exam:
- Data Comparison
- Simplification and Approximation
- Number Theory
- Fractions and Decimals
- Comparison of Data
- Discounts, etc.
With delay in this year’s BBA CET exam due to the pandemic, you have even more time to practice the syllabus of the entrance with perfection. Best tip to ace this exam is to revise and keep practicing what you have learned again and again. We hope the above IPU CET BBA 2019 analysis gives you a fair idea of the national level exam and helps you plan your strategies to secure a seat in your favourite GGSIPU college. Click here to know the best preparation strategy for the exam. All the best!