SET BBA 2019 Exam Analysis is very important to enter into the dynamic world of management and technology. Do you wish to be part of an institute which has been hailed as one of the top most institutes for management studies? Well, look no further, as Symbiosis Centre for Management studies is the institute for you. Symbiosis International University, Pune (SIU) conducts SET BBA or Symbiosis BBA Entrance Test every year to admit hundreds of aspirants into various undergraduate courses in their colleges. This article is going to deal with SET BBA exam for admission into management courses like BBA, BBA (IT), etc. By following our article, you could get a thorough analysis of previous years’ Symbiosis SET exam and devise a smart study strategy for the next SET BBA entrance exam for best results.
Every year many students sit for the SET BBA exam and need to go through a rigorous selection process which entails the following steps. A weightage percentage of each selection is given alongside to help you understand the process better:
|Selection Process||Weightage of each stage|
|SET BBA exam||50%|
|Writing Ability Test (WAT)||25%|
|Personal Interview (PI)||25%|
|Selection will be based on combined scores||Total scores in all|
There have been some changes in syllabus, exam pattern and time of the exam over the years which is worth noting for the applicants who are going to appear in the upcoming SET BBA exam. We have made a table depicting the changes in the previous year’s SET BBA exam for you:
|SET BBA 2017||SET BBA 2018||SET BBA 2019|
|Duration||2.5 Hours||2.5 Hours||2.5 Hours|
|Mode||Offline||Online Computer Based||Online Computer Based|
|No. of Questions||150||150||150|
|Marking Scheme||+1 for correct answer, no negative marking||+1 for correct answer, no negative marking||+1 for correct answer, no negative marking|
|Overall Difficulty Level||Moderate||Easy – Moderate||Moderate|
|Timings and Shifts||On : 06/05/2017||On : 05/05/2018||On : 04/05/2019|
Some changes over the years
- SET BBA exam has been conducted in an offline mode, however, since 2018, it has been conducted in an online computer based mode.
- As per SET BBA 2019 exam pattern, students will need to complete 150 Questions in 2.5 hours.
- There are no changes in terms of the syllabus of the examination. There will be 4 sections as per normal, which are General English, Quantitative Aptitude, Analytic and Logical Ability, and lastly, General Awareness. All sections have weightage of 40 marks, except Analytical and Logical Reasoning which will be of 30 marks.
- There is no negative marking for wrong attempts.
- All the questions will be Objective (MQC) type.
SET BBA 2019 Exam Analysis
Symbiosis International University conducts the SET exam every year to admit aspirants into different undergraduate courses offered at their colleges. Over the years, the SET exam has gone through many changes. In 2019, the exam was conducted in an online fashion for the second time since 2018. The syllabus has not gone under any changes and the pattern of the question paper has also remained the same. Some basic highlights of the 2019 SET exam is as follows:
- SET exam was conducted on 4th April 2019.
- The time to complete the exam was the same, i.e 2.5 hours and students were able to complete their exam on time.
- The maximum marks for the exam was 150, and 150 questions needed to be done. There was no negative marking for the wrong attempts, as per usual.
- The exam was Objective type.
- The exam difficulty was found to be moderate but students did encounter some questions in the Quantitative section, as well as the English to be difficult and tricky.
- Overall the exam was of moderate difficulty level.
- The General Knowledge section was found to be the least scoring.
English Section Analysis
This section was of easy to moderate difficulty level. There were simple and doable questions on topics like synonyms, vocabulary, etc. Students also found a good number of questions based on Idioms and Phrases used in common parlance. Given below are some topics which held a lot of weightage in the exam:
- Reading Comprehension
- Grammar – Parts of speech, Voice of speech, Conditionals, etc.
- Sentence correction
- Identification of Errors
- Idioms and Phrases
- Reasoning Deduction
- Syntax, etc.
Quantitative Section Analysis
Students found a lot of questions based on Data Interpretation in 2019’s paper. The overall level of the section was moderate. While maximum questions were easily solvable, there were some questions which took more time to complete than the others. Students are advised to study for the maths section from their school textbooks as most of the questions are based on them. Given below are some important topics that should be covered in order to score great marks in this section:
- Permutation and Combination
- Ratio and Proportions
- Number Series
- Data Interpretation
- Data Sufficiency
- Time and Work
- Geometry and Mensuration, etc.
Logical and Analytical Reasoning Section Analysis
This section was moderate in its difficulty level and remained almost similar to last year’s exam. A lot of questions were found to be doable in time except some which were lengthy and required more than average time spent on each question. Students are suggested to practice for this section adequately so that less amount of time is lost doing the lengthy questions. Go through some important topics below:
- Arrangements and Puzzles
- Blood Relation
- Caselet Data Interpretation
- Coding and Decoding, etc.
General Awareness Section Analysis
This section can be tricky, as it all depends on the level of your preparation. The difficulty level was moderate to difficult, and some questions had the students guessing for the answers. The tip to do great in this section is to always be abreast with the current affairs from the past 6 months and revise them nicely so that you remember them during the exam. Some important areas to cover for this section are:
- General affairs
- News in the areas of sports, geography, politics,etc.
- Eminent Personalities
- Awards and Honours
- News on Environment, etc.
Symbiosis SET BBA exams are generally easy to score if studied efficiently. You should focus on covering all the topics, and revising them nicely. No exam is impossible to clear if you put your hardwork in preparing for it. We hope that the above analysis helps you plan your preparation for the upcoming SET exams better! Now go ahead and read the latest SET BBA 2020 exam analysis too!