SLAT Exam 2021 was held between the 10th and 13th of July 2021, after a lot of postponement due to the ongoing COVID-19 crisis. Symbiosis Law Admission Test (SLAT) is the entrance examination for the law programs at Symbiosis International University. The exam followed an online choice-based test mode. The 2021 SLAT exam had a total of 60 questions to be answered along with a Written Ability Test(WAT). You can read all the details here in this article.
SLAT Exam 2021 Exam Highlights
- SLAT symbiosis had two sections: MCQs and Written Ability Test (WAT).
- The pattern of SLAT was entirely changed this year, the number of questions being reduced from 75 to 60 with an allowed time of 60 minutes for the MCQ section and 30 minutes for the Written Ability Test (WAT).
- WAT is only for those candidates shortlisted for further rounds of admission after the entrance exam.
- Each question asked carried one mark without any negative marking for the wrong answer.
- The 5 sections of the SLAT symbiosis syllabus are as follows:
- Logical Reasoning
- Legal Reasoning
- Analytical Reasoning
- Reading Comprehension
- General Knowledge
Given below is an overview of the sections in the test, the number of questions included in each one of them, and the level of difficulty:
|Section||Level of Difficulty|
|Analytical Reasoning||Easy to Moderate|
|Reading Comprehension||Easy to Moderate|
Section-Wise Analysis of SLAT 2021
1) Logical Reasoning
Logical Reasoning is the section where time management becomes an important factor. This section was neither easy nor difficult. This section was based on the following subjects:
- Number Series
- Blood Relation
- Odd-One Out
2) Legal Reasoning
This section was the easiest in this year’s SLAT 2021 test paper. All of the topics asked are usually the ones most covered by students during SLAT preparation like:
- Law of Contracts
- Criminal Law
- Law of Torts
3) Analytical Reasoning
This section was easy for some and a little bit difficult for others. Generally, those candidates who prepared well using basic mathematics from 10th and 11th std maths textbooks fared well in this section. The topics that were covered included:
- Missing Number
- Number Series
- Speed & Distance
- Odd One Out
- Statement- Assumption
4) Reading Comprehension
The Reading Comprehension section of SLAT Exam 2021 consisted of a variety of topics including book excerpts and current affairs. The comprehension questions proved to be very difficult to get right, if not given enough attention. The types of questions that appeared in this section included the following:
- Grammar-based: Parts of speech
- Inference-based and Fact-based: Reading comprehension
- Vocabulary-based: Synonyms, antonyms, meanings.
5) General Knowledge
This section contained questions of basic general knowledge containing trivia facts, science, and history questions, etc. There were also questions asked about current affairs between the timeline of the exam and the past year.
Hope this article helped you in understanding the SLAT Exam 2021 exam a little better. We wish you all the best!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
More Articles about SLAT: