BMMMC is the BA Honors in Multimedia and Mass Communication course offered by the Indraprastha college for women, Delhi. It is a self-financed program under Delhi University. This course was introduced in the year 1999 and was turned into an honors course in 2019. BMMMC is a DU Mass Comm program that is ranked as one of the top media studies programs in India.
Why is BMMMC popular?
The DU BMMMC course is very popular among students who aspire to choose media fields for their career paths. Students who are interested in media, but do not yet know what to choose for their careers find the BMMMC program very useful, as it introduces them to a variety of fields in media where they can work in.
The skills developed during BMMMC are:
- Communication skills
- Critical thinking
- Research skills
- General Awareness
- Observation skills
- Ability to work under stress
- Interviewing skills
- Problem-Solving skills
- Networking skills
In the modern world where mass media has become the communication point for all news and important events, the number of career options that you will have after completing the BMMMC program has also increased. They include:
- Public Relations Management
- Video and Radio Jockeying
- Sound Mixing and Recording
- Vision Mixing
- Script Writing
Other Factors as to why BMMMC is popular
- All the facilities were provided to the BMMMC students, including the studio and equipment. The PWD and blind students were well facilitated, with comfortable infrastructure and Braille scripts.
- The job opportunities offered by the placement wing. Some of the companies, organizations, and institutions where students from the BMMMC course have been selected for work are NDTV, The New Indian Express, Wipro, Radio Mirchi, Balaji Telefilms, ScoopWhoop, The Economic Times, CNBC International, Longfrom PR, The Business Standard, All India Radio, Google,DD Sports, National Geographic, Penguin Books, Amazon India, Zee Media, The Hindustan Times, etc.
- The hostel and canteen facilities are top-notch. There are two college hostels, The Kalavati Gupta Hostel and The IP Hostel, both of which provide a homely atmosphere for students who stay away from home.
- The BMMMC faculty members are very learned, some of them permanent and others visiting professors. They are well versed with recent developments in the field of media and keep the students updated about them.
- The campus life is amazing and since it is an all-girls college, there were a far wider variety of options for girls to enjoy their time on. The student to teacher ratio is thirty to one. The street play and dance clubs of the college are famous in Delhi, having won many accolades.
- The college provides scholarships to students of BMMMC course. Students from economically weaker sections are also given fee concessions. The students are also awarded Merit cum means based scholarships.
- College events where famous bands, dance groups, and theatre productions appear.
Some of the distinguished alumni of the program along with their fields of work are given below so that you get an idea of the career options after completing BMMMC.
|Alumna||Field of Work|
|Devina Gupta||Presenter and Reporter at BBC World News|
|Venika Mitra||Writer and DirectorWon ‘Beyond the Border: Diversity’ in Cannes Short Film Showcase|
|Charushree Roy||Film EditorWorks: Chintu Ka Birthday, Chhichhore, Chasing the Rainbow, Manjhi, Lucknow Central.|
|Ritika Jhanji||Independent TV and Ground Events anchor|
|Sweksha Bhagat||Assistant professor, BMMMC, DU|
|Aanchal Tyagi||Executive producer, Discovery channel|
|Jayati Grover||Digital manager, Mahindra Rise|
|Anvita Thapliyal||Assistant Vice President, Star TV Network|
|Neha Mehta||Journalist, Al Jazeera English|
|Ankita Dwivedi||Senior Editor, The New Indian Express|
|Akriti Tyagi||Marketing Head, Harper Collins India|
|Nimisha Pandey||Director of International Originals at Netflix|
|Simran Kodesia||Country PR manager, Airbnb|
|Aarushi Koundal||Economic Times Digital Contents Producer|
|Sadia Akhtar||Correspondent, Hindustan Times|
Thus, the BMMMC course offered by the Indraprastha College of Women under Delhi University would seem worthwhile for those students who have an interest in the media field. By following an updated syllabus, offering students a variety of career options, facilitating them in every step of achieving their dreams, and making their campus life colorful with extracurricular activities, DU BMMMC makes sure that the students feel it is worth taking up the course. If you are interested, do check out the DU BMMMC Course Structure and Campus Facilities.