Christ University Hotel Management, also known as Christ BHM is the bachelor course offered by Christ (Deemed to be University), Bangalore in the field of hotel management. The admissions to this program are accepted through the Christ University BHM Entrance Test. The Christ University Hotel Management department has been rated one of the top ten departments for hotel management in India by magazines like Outlook and India Today.
Is Christ University Hotel Management Worth it?
The Christ University Hotel Management course helps students in developing aptitude and talent for the hotel industry. The syllabus is constantly updated so that students get more exposure to the new fields of development in the area. The course was started by the university in 1991. The program is 4 years long and each class will have a strength of 60 students. The 4 years are further broken down into 8 semesters. There will be both theoretical and practical learning and both are given equal importance. The students have the option to choose value-adding certificate courses. The department also offers placement training programs. The factors that make Christ University worth choosing are analyzed below.
The Christ University Hotel Management course boosts the academic skills of the students in the following ways:
- Prepares the students in technological, strategic, and managerial skills needed for the dynamic industry.
- Creates a strong base in students in both theory and practice.
- Divided into 4 basic parts (kitchen, housekeeping, food and beverage service, and front office), it allows students to choose their career paths after introducing them to developments in each field.
- The interactive method of teaching tries to bring attitudinal changes and perfection to the students.
- Apart from skills related to hotel management, other skills such as research skills, communication skills, ability to work under stress, networking skills, critical thinking, problem-solving skills, etc. are developed in students.
- The university has academic tie-ups with universities abroad where students can opt for student exchange programs like Coleman College (Singapore), Sheffield and Hallam University (UK), Central Michigan University (USA), Griffith University (Australia), and NHTV (Netherlands).
Other Factors as to why Christ Hotel Management is worth it
- Library: Also known as the Knowledge center, it has an extensive collection of over 2 lakh books and subscriptions to over 50 periodicals. Digital resources like JSTOR, ProQuest, INFLIBNET, and EBSCO databases are also available.
- Labs: Upgraded and fully equipped labs for any kind of experiments regarding the new developments of the sector.
- Cafeteria: A variety of eateries inside the campus offer good food of various cuisines to students. There are over 25 eateries that include popular brands like Café Coffee Day, Nandini, Indian Coffee House, etc.
- Auditorium, conference rooms, seminar halls: Three air-conditioned auditoriums are there on the campus with the seating capacity of the smallest being 1000 and the largest being 2500. Conference rooms with a capacity of 50 people and seminar halls with a capacity of 100-150 are also provided by the administration for various events.
- Classrooms: The classrooms are all equipped for smart learning.
- South Indian Bank: A branch of the South Indian Bank with an ATM works inside the campus. The university opens an account for each of the students and provides ATM cards to all, which will also work as University ID cards.
- Sports facilities: Cricket ground, basketball court, football ground, badminton court, tennis court, and table tennis courts.
- Placement Office: The Placement Office helps the students understand their career aptitudes and helps them in choosing their career paths. Campus recruitments take place every year and renowned companies and hotel groups appear for conducting interviews.
- Facilities: The infrastructure is designed to assist PWD students.
- Hostel: The hostel facilities are top-notch. There are in campus hostels for both girls and boys, though allotment of the rooms is based on first come first serve. The hostels are also Wi-Fi connected and provide gyms, common rooms, and sporting areas to the students.
- Campus Life: The campus life is amazing with different clubs participating in events all around Bangalore. Christ has a Theatre club, street theatre club, music club, dance club, debating club, quizzing club, sports clubs, etc.
- Scholarships: Students from economically weaker sections and students getting the highest marks are given scholarships.
- Events: College events like Bhasha Utsav and Darpan are crowd attractors, where famous bands, dance groups, and theatre productions appear.
The Christ University Hotel Management department has always been ranked as one of the top 10 hotel management departments in India by various magazines and organizations. The campus placement cell boasts a 100% success rate in placing all the students in different companies and hotels, including the Taj group, The Oberoi’s, and ITC hotels. Thus, Christ BHM is one of the best courses to opt for if you are interested in hotel management. Christ also offers industry collaboration with renowned organizations like Hilton worldwide and IHG hotels. The course structure is very updated to new fields of research and the campus facilities are also of the best quality. Studying Christ BHM can thus be very fulfilling. If interested, also check out the article CUET BHM Syllabus and Pattern.