To fill the DU JAT form, the first task of the Delhi University Admission process must be done very carefully. DU JAT entrance exam is a much-coveted test conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA). Candidates often make careless mistakes in this process and that must be avoided at any cost.
We’re here to help you to fill out your application form properly and mention the points that you should be extra careful about.
DU JAT Eligibility
Before filling out your DU JAT application form, checking if you pass the DU JAT eligibility criteria is important:
- All the general and OBC category candidates must have cleared their 12th-grade exam with an aggregate of minimum 60% mark combining 4 subjects approved by Delhi University including English and Mathematics.
- Applicants belonging to SC, ST, CW, and PwD category should have secured an aggregate of a minimum of 55%.
Click here to know the DU JAT Selection Criteria.
Important Dates For DU JAT 2021 (Tentative)
The following are the DU JAT exam dates for the year 2021 which candidates need to look out for:
|End of Online Application||April 2021|
|Admit Card Availability||May 2021|
|DU JAT Exam Date||The first or second week of June 2021|
|Result Declaration||June 2021|
|Commencement to DU JAT Admission Process||Last week of June 2021|
Check out the DU JAT 2021 Notification.
The next thing you need to make sure before starting with the DU JAT application form is making sure you have the soft copy of all the necessary documents ready in the given size limit and format:
|Aadhar Card||12th-Grade Certificate and Marksheet (Self- attested)||10th-Grade Certificate and Marksheet (Self-attested)|
|Passport Size Photo||Signature||OBC/ ST/ SC/ EWS/ PwD/CW certificates (self-attested)|
Preferred Web Browsers to Fill DU JAT Form
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox 3.0 and above.
How To Fill DU JAT Form
- Visit the official website of Delhi University
- Go to the UG Admission Portal
- Fill details like your Full Name, Email ID, Phone Number, etc.
- Confirm your Email ID.
- Username and password will be sent to your email ID.
- Answer the Security Question
- Enter the Captcha code.
2. Log In:
- Using your given username and password, log in to your account
- The application form will be provided
3. Fill the DU JAT Application Form:
- Enter your personal details like category, family details, bank details, etc.,
- Provide your academic details
- Enter “Submit”. Make sure to double-check all the information before submitting it.
- Choose 3 exam centers based on your comfort from the given options.
- Enter sports quota/ extracurricular details if required.
4. Entrance Based Exam:
- There are two categories given- Merit-Based course and Entrance based exam
- Since you’re applying for DU JAT, choose entrance based exam
- A list of colleges will appear for you to choose from.
- Select colleges in order of your preference.
5. Upload the Documents
- Upload all the necessary documents like photograph, signature, 10th and 12th-grade certificates, category documents, etc.
- Make sure that it fits the format given.
- It is very important to go through all the details you’ve given to make sure there are no mistakes in your DU JAT Form.
- Check whether all the documents are uploaded in the right slots.
- After the rechecking and submission move to the payment part.
- The application fee varies depending on the category you belong to.
- Choose your payment method (UPI, Net Banking, or Debit/ Credit Card)
- There’s no refund option even if the candidate has been deemed ineligible later.
Documents to Save After Filling DU JAT Form
The candidates must bring the given documents when appearing for the exam otherwise they would be held back to attend the exam:
- Admit Card print taken from the NTA website
- A passport size photograph (the same one which was used in the application)
- Any sort of ID Proof like Aadhar Card, Pan Card, Drivers License, Voter ID (with the photograph)
- PwD certificate if you’re claiming relaxation under the PwD category.
Common Mistakes to Avoid during DU JAT Form Filling
Candidates are often found to be making mistakes while filling the DU JAT form. In case of mistakes, you would need to fill the application form and do the payment again. Following are some of the common mistakes that are made by the applicants which should be avoided:
- Enter your name and other personal information as given in your 12th-grade certificate.
- Note down your registered email id and password.
- Mark ‘No Preference’ to the colleges you don’t want admission in.
- Make sure the application fee is remitted to the correct portal.
- Do not wait until the last day of submission to fill your application form. This can easily lead to careless mistakes.
- Ensure the uploaded documents are properly scanned and self-attested.
- The Examination center cannot be changed later.
The following editing can be done but it is a one-time facility.
- Your registered Email ID, Category Gender, and the number of courses chosen cannot be edited later. The rest of the details can be changed during the time given by Delhi University.
- Candidates can also replace/update their uploaded documents if necessary like caste certificate, EWS Certificate, Mark-sheets, Minority certificate, etc. There is no fee charged for these edits.
- College preferences can be edited later after the declaration of results.
Many aspirants struggle with this particular part of DU JAT admission. This is the first step towards your dream college and course. We hope these pointers helped you in filling out your DU JAT form correctly. To go on in your DU JAT admission journey, read about the DU JAT top colleges, as well as the BBA BMS difference to select the right course and college for yourself!