Get ready for the best DU JAT preparation tips that are going to help you ace this Entrance Exam and get into your dream college. Because preparing and cracking an entrance exam is not an easy task. Almost 18,000 students prepare for the DU JAT entrance exam every year.
DU JAT is conducted by Delhi University to select capable candidates for undergraduate programs like BFIA, BMS, and Bachelors in Business Economics. Anyone with 12th-grade qualification can apply for the exam.
DU JAT Preparation Tips
1. Go Through The Syllabus – Firstly, you need to have a proper understanding of the list of topics you need to work on, as well as properly know previous years’ DU JAT analysis.
DU JAT exam duration is 2 hours in which you have to answer 100 multiple-choice questions. There are 4 sections, with 25 questions each. The exam follows the given pattern:
- Quantitative Ability: This particular section analyzes your mathematical ability. Most of the questions are based on 12th-grade-level mathematics.
- Reasoning and Analytical Ability: In this section, your reasoning and analytical ability are tested with questions based on data interpretation, sequential order, diagrams, etc.
- General English: Your basic English language command is evaluated here. Questions are mainly related to grammar and vocabulary.
- Business and General Awareness: How well-updated are you with the current affairs is the objective of this section.
Marking scheme: 4 marks are awarded for every right answer. There’s negative marking for every wrong answer and for choosing two options.
2. Practice On Previous Year Question Papers: This would help you to acquire a clear-cut idea on which area should be given more importance and to get an idea of the type of questions asked.
3. Get Your Preparation Books Ready: There are many entrance books in the market to help you prepare for DUJAT. There would be many previous year question papers in there to practice on. Subscribe to a good English newspaper like The Hindu.
4. Create A Timetable: Once you’ve perused through the syllabus the next and most important step is planning and scheduling. This is one of the most effective preparation tips for any entrance exam. Try to accommodate all 4 sections in a day and not focus on one to keep it interesting.
5. Be Thorough With The General Awareness Section: Unlike other sections, this section does not demand a lot of attention and processing thus would help you save a lot of time if you’ve prepared from top to bottom.
6. Practice With A Timer On: When you practice on a question or a DU JAT previous years paper, keep a watch on the time you’re taking to finish it. Improve your pace gradually with constant practice.
7. Do Mock Tests: You can find many mock tests to practice online. This would help in planning your exam strategy by understanding which part you should go for first and which to leave for later. Practicing on previous year question papers can also help in this regard.
DU JAT Preparation Tips: Section-wise Breakdown And Topics
|Section||Syllabus/Main Topics||Preparation Tips|
|Quantitative Ability||Averages & Percentages, Simple & Compound Interest, Pipes & Cisterns, Roots, Indices, Surds, Work-Related Problems, Profit & Loss, Mixtures & Alligations, Time, Speed & Distance, Permutations & Combinations, Probability, Determinants, Vectors, Integration, and Differentiation.||Study hacks/shortcuts to solve the problems in a fast and easy way. Learn the formulas Keep track of how much you’re taking to answer and improve your pace|
|General English||Idioms & Phrases, Etymology & Roots, Antonyms-Synonyms, Foreign Words, Noun & Pronoun Errors, Subject-Verb Agreement, Reading Comprehension, Analogies, Syllogisms,Logical Consistency, Deductive Reasoning||Read newspapers daily Follow up on current affairs and important issues Make it a habit to read a minimum of 20 minutes a day|
|Reasoning and Analytical Ability||Verbal analogy,Direction and distanceAnalogies, Odd one outWord Sequence, Time Sequence, Family Tree, Directions, Groups & Conditionality, Logical Series,||Learn the strategies used to solve each type of question Practice daily to improve your pace.|
|Business and General Awareness||Current Affairs, Awards, Static GK, Entertainment, Brands, Logos, Taglines, Economy, History, Geography, etc.||Track the current affairs daily by reading newspapers.|
Best Books For DU JAT Entrance Exam
There are many entrance books available for you to get ready for the DUJAT entrance exam. These are the best books for DU JAT preparation that would allow you to boost your preparation strategy:
- Quantitative Ability
- NCERT Textbook Class 10, 11, 12
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by R.S. Aggarwal
- The Pearson Guide To Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examination by Dinesh Khattar
- General English
- General English by Arihant Publications
- Easy to Learn General English Complete Book by Yashpal Sharma
- High School English Grammar by Wren and Martin
- Reasoning and Analytical Ability
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by Dr. RS Aggarwal.
- Reasoning Book for Competitive Examinations by Pearson
- A new approach to Reasoning By B.S. Sijwali & S. Sijwali Arihant.
- Business and General Awareness
- General Knowledge Manual by Pearson
- Manorama/Mathrubhumi Year Books
Watch this space for Eazyprep’s DU JAT courses and DU JAT mock tests. We shall be releasing them on February 2021.
It would be beneficial if you stick with these DU JAT preparations tips. Make sure to revise and not to dwell on new topics a couple of days before the exam. Be confident. Good luck with the exam. And PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE! It is the only way you can ace DU JAT.