Business Awareness for DU JAT is an inevitable part of the entrance exam to the business schools under Delhi University. DU Admissions are done based on the Delhi University Joint Admission Test or the DU JAT conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for the programs such as Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS), Bachelor of Business Administration (Financial Investment Analysis) and BA (Hons) in Business Economics. There are 4 sections in the question paper, each containing 25 questions and the section Business and General Awareness which requires the use of basic business and commercial concepts you learnt in school along with general knowledge is an important one among them. The questions are of moderate difficulty. The Business and General Awareness section assess a candidate’s skill in the different concepts and theories in the field of business studies as well as the awareness about current affairs. This article will give you an idea about the Business Awareness for DU JAT and the various tips to keep in mind to crack the exam.
Syllabus of Business Awareness for DU JAT
The different subjects included in the section of Business Awareness for DU JAT are:
- Company Logos
- Business Personalities
- Business-related Government Policies
- Business and Economy
- Days and Dates
- Company/ Business entities
- Awards and Honors
- Important Science & Technology of Famous Companies
- Trade/Business terminologies
- Literature and Media related to Business
- International Bodies/News related to Business
Topic-wise Weightage to Business and General Awareness
Business Awareness for DU JAT can be analyzed based on topic-wise weightage. Given below is the analysis based on the 2020 DU JAT:
|Topics||No. of Questions|
Preparations Tips for Business Awareness for DU JAT
Given below are a few tips for preparing for the section Business Awareness for DU JAT:
- Watch ads for brand ambassadors and taglines.
- Follow the business news for at least a year. Your goal must be to understand the context of what you are reading. However, you must do so efficiently, so you need to avoid getting bogged down in the details of each article and instead focus on understanding the main point of each article.
- Have a genuine interest in the field, read about it. Keep reading regularly. A regular reading habit will go a long way in honing your knowledge about the field.
- Group your general awareness prep by reading newspapers every day. Make sure to read the pages such as the front page, the editorial page, the business/ economy page, the world page, and the international news page.
- Candidates can use previous year question papers to know the question pattern.
- Engage in focused practice with 30 questions or more that involve a particular topic.
- Make a list of difficult concepts and stick it on the wall to remember them. That way, you can refresh your memory whenever your eyes fall on them during the day.
- Group theories in categories to remember them easily.
- Use practice papers to time yourself and check if this is the section you want to do first, last, or in the middle, whatever works for you.
- Know the syllabus and the level asked. Do not over prepare, especially if general awareness is your weak area.
- Select your strength topics and your weak ones. See how you can develop both.
- Make sure to study full forms of organisations.
- Do not focus too much on the current affairs part in the beginning. As static GK questions are more in number, answer them and come back to the current affairs part.
- Don’t try to mug up. Just read about the relevant topics and refresh your memory every day by just going back to the specifics.
Best Study Materials
Given below are the best books to refer to while preparing for Business Awareness for DU JAT:
- Manorama Yearbook
- Pratiyogita Darpan
- Lucent’s GK
- Pearson India Yearbook
- Arihant General Knowledge
- General Awareness by Manohar Panday
Given above are all the details regarding the DU JAT section of Business and General Awareness. Constant practice and extra reading are the most important steps in preparing for this section. Hope this article helped you in understanding the different tips and methods of preparing for the section of Business Awareness for DU JAT. Click here to read the analysis of previous year question papers.