DU JAT 2021 is just around the corner! If you are interested in business and management, then Delhi University is your choice. The DU JAT or the Delhi University Joint Admission Test is a national-level entrance exam conducted for admission to professional undergraduate programmes offered by 18 colleges affiliated with Delhi University. The courses included are:
- Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Financial Investment Analysis)
- BA (Hons) in Business Economics
You can read all the details about the exam this year in this article.
DU JAT 2021 Exam Dates
The DU JAT 2021 Exam Dates including that of registrations, exam, result declaration, and commencement of classes are given below. These are just the tentative dates for the exam. Check the University website for any further updates.
|Online Registration Opening||3rd Week of June 2021|
|Online Registration Closing||4th Week of June 2021|
|Release of Admit Card||1st Week of July 2021|
|Exam||2nd Week of July 2021|
|Result Declaration||August 2021|
|Commencement of Counselling||August 2021|
|Commencement of Classes||September 2021|
DU JAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
For applying for DU JAT 2021, you must fulfill the DU JAT Eligibility criteria:
- Candidates of General and OBC categories must have secured at least 60% with English and Mathematics among core subjects in class 12. For SC/ST/CW/PwD candidates, this cut-off is 55%. The aggregate should be based on the marks in four papers – English, Mathematics, and any other two subjects provided by the Delhi University.
- Candidates, who have appeared in their final exams and their results are awaited, also satisfy the DU JAT Eligibility criteria. However, they will have to produce the qualifying certificate at the time of counselling.
DU JAT 2021 Application Form
You can go to the official DU or NTA website and fill the DU JAT 2021 Application Form. The different steps involved are listed below:
1. DU JAT Registration and Logging In: Visit the UG Admission Portal of the official website of Delhi University. Fill in details like your Full Name, Email ID, Phone Number, etc. After confirming your Email ID, you will be given a username and password using which you can log in to your account, where then you have to fill the DU JAT 2021 Application Form.
2. Filling the DU JAT 2021 Application Form: Provide your personal details like category, family details, bank details, etc., and academic details. Double-check before submitting. Choose any 3 exam centers based on convenience and add any other extracurricular details. Choose Entrance Based exam out of the two categories given and select colleges according to your preferences.
3. Uploading the Documents: Upload all the necessary documents like photograph, signature, 10th and 12th-grade certificates, category documents, etc., according to the given format. Recheck all the details and submit the form.
4. Payment: Payment can be done using the methods of UPI, Net Banking, or Debit/ Credit Card. Once payment is successful, take a printout of the application form.
DU JAT 2021 Exam Pattern
The entrance exam pattern is given below:
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Exam Duration||120 minutes|
|No. of Sections||4|
|No. of Questions||100|
|Language of Exam||English|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks for every right answer-1 mark for every wrong answer|
There are 4 sections in the DU JAT 2021 exam. They are:
- Quantitative Ability
- Reasoning and Analytical Ability
- General English
- Business and General Awareness
DU JAT 2021 Syllabus
The different topics covered by each of the four sections of the DU JAT 2021 syllabus are given below:
|Quantitative Ability||Arithmetic: Number System, Profit and loss, ratio and proportion, Data Interpretation, Time and Work, Simple and Compound Interest, Percentage, Average and Allegation|
Higher Maths: Functions, Limits and Continuity, Logarithm, Trigonometry, Probability, Permutation and Combination, Binomial Theorem, Calculus, Complex Numbers, Complex Numbers, Coordinate Geometry
|Reasoning and Analytical Ability||Analogy, Series, DirectionsNon-verbal reasoning, Series, Syllogism, Order and Ranking, Blood relations, Statement and Inference, Clock, Coding and Decoding, Data Sufficiency, Sitting Arrangement, Puzzles, Inequality,|
|General English||Reading Comprehension, Synonyms & Antonyms, Fill in the blanks, Para-jumbles, One-word Substitutions, Sentence Correction, Idioms and Phrases, Proverbs and Prepositions, Parts of Speech, Analogy.|
|Business and General Awareness||Geography, Economics, History, Politics, Current Affairs, Science, Computers, Books and Authors, Awards and Winners, Sports, Technology, Eminent Personalities, Taglines, Mergers, and Acquisitions, etc|
For more information on the DU JAT 2021 syllabus, click here.
DU JAT 2021 Preparation
The basic steps of DU JAT 2021 preparation are given below:
- Understand the Syllabus: Start with reading and understanding the syllabus well. Go through the important sections that questions come from in each of the 4 sections.
- Go through Exam Analysis: Read the DU JAT Entrance exam analysis of the previous year. It enables you to form an idea of what kind of questions are asked and which topics have more weightage.
- Refer to Previous Years’ Question Paper: One of the most useful pieces of advice is to refer to and practice previous years’ question papers. Check out the difficulty level of each section. Find out the topics from which questions are frequently asked.
- Read the newspaper daily: Make sure to be thorough with the current affairs of the past whole year to excel in this section. Refer to news summaries of each month of the year.
- Do Mock Tests: There are several DU JAT mock tests available online to boost your preparation. This will let you analyze your overall performance and work on your weaker sections.
Follow these basic methods, to see a real change in your performance levels.
DU JAT Best Online Coaching
DU JAT 2021 is going to be one of the most crucial exams for students wanting to enter the field of management through BBA and BMS courses. To prepare for the exam online, Eazyprep offers a variety of DU JAT online coaching with:
*150+ hours of video lectures
*6 Fundamental E-books
* 60+ mocks tests with a test series of 15 mock tests
And a lot of new, helpful features. Check out Eazyprep’s online coaching for DU JAT.
DU JAT 2021 Best Books for Preparation
DU JAT 2021 books that would be the best in preparing for the exam are given below:
Best DU JAT 2021 books for Quantitative Ability
|Name of the Book||Author|
|9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th Mathematics Textbooks||NCERT|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||R.S. Aggarwal|
|The Pearson Guide To Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examination||Dinesh Khattar|
Explore more in the article Preparing Maths for DU JAT | Syllabus and Tips.
DU JAT Best books for Reasoning and Analytical Ability
|Name of the Book||Author|
|Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning||Dr. RS Aggarwal|
|Reasoning Book for Competitive Examinations||Pearson|
|A new approach to Reasoning||B.S. Sijwali & S. Sijwali Arihant.|
DU JAT Best books for the General English section
|No.||Name of the Book||Author|
|1.||Easy to Learn General English Complete Book||Yashpal Sharma|
|2.||High School English Grammar||Wren and Martin|
|3.||General English||Arihant Publications|
Read more in the article Preparing for DU JAT Verbal Ability Section.
DU JAT Best books for the General Awareness section
|Name of the Book||Author|
|General Knowledge Manual||Pearson|
|Newspaper||The Hindu, The New Indian Express|
Hope this article was helpful to you in understanding the basic details about the DU JAT 2021. Explore the detailed preparation methods for the exam by clicking here.