IP University Law is the law department of the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, more widely known as Indraprastha University. Any student who has completed a 10+2 course with 50% marks and English as a subject is considered eligible to appear for IPU CET Law, the entrance exam to get admissions to the undergraduate courses of the department. The students are given admission to the IP University Law department, based on the rank and marks they score in this entrance exam.
The faculty members of the IP University Law are very learned, well versed with recent developments in the field of legal studies, and keep the students updated about them. They try to boost the academic skills of the students in the following ways:
- Adoption of multidisciplinary approach towards law and legal studies so as to develop greater synergy between classroom lectures, conventional professional and alternative practices in law.
- Encourage continuous engagement with and adoption of innovative approaches towards law, legal education, training, and legal processes through capacity building of the faculty and facilitating access to advanced academic courses.
- Constant involvement with processes and practice of law in the professional, social, and economic arenas of life by encouraging interaction between the institution and those involved in these processes.
- Development of technical, advocacy, communication, and research skills not only through taught courses but also through practical training and engagement with the industry, community, and the state.
- Expansion of facilities for advanced research in law, the introduction of new and vibrant courses, and augmenting the capacity to undertake consultancies and projects with state, national and international agencies, industry, etc.
The alumni of the IP University Law occupy the following positions in their careers:
- Civil Litigation Lawyer
- Corporate Consultant
- Legal Advisor
- LLM or MBA
There are also IP University Law alumni recruited by law firms, Public Sector Undertakings, In-house Counsels, Corporate Organisations and Foreign Law Firms such as:
- AZB & Partners
- Argus Partners
- Khaitan & Co
- ICICI Bank
- Universal Legal
- Bajaj Finance Limited
- Tata Sons Ltd.
- Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL)
- Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI)
- Indian Oil Corporation (IOC Ltd.)
- Times of India
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University is renowned for its campus facilities and the IP University Law department is nowhere behind. The infrastructure, as well as all other facilities offered, are of the best class. Given below are more details about the infrastructure and other details of the campus.
The administration has made sure that the students get everything they require for a comfortable life and advanced knowledge gaining. The following are included in the infrastructure of the IP University Law:
|It has an extensive collection of books and a varied selection of periodicals. A digital resource like INFLIBNET and EBSCO databases are also available.
|There are 2 in-campus hostels each for both boys and girls. The boy’s hostels are called the Shivalik and Aravalli and the girls’ hostels are called Nilgiri and Satpura. There are 360 rooms in each of the hostels, fully equipped with tables, chairs, shelves, and cots.
|The sports complex encourages any kind of sport that a student may be into. It consists of courts for basketball, badminton, and volleyball. It also has a cricket ground, kabaddi ground, and a football ground. The complex also sports a running track.
|The labs are fully equipped with all the resources needed for any kind of experiment. They are updated according to the recent developments in the sector.
|The cafeteria offers clean and healthy food. Additionally, there are stalls for Café Coffee Day and Haldirams.
|The auditorium is air-conditioned and can seat more than 1000 students at a time.
|Every classroom is smart, and they are also air-conditioned.
|Conference rooms for both faculty and students are available.
|They can seat about 200 students at a time and are equipped with projection and sound systems.
|A branch of the Indian Bank works inside the campus. It offers all regular bank functions. There is also an ATM.
The campus is a Wi-Fi Campus. Students, as well as teachers, can connect their devices to the Wi-Fi for free and use the internet.
- Shuttle Service
Buses ply inside and outside the campus. The transportation is free of cost. Each bus has a different route and you can opt for the ones you have to take.
- Placements and Internships
Placements are offered by huge corporations and institutions like AZB & Partners, Khaitan & Co, ICICI Bank, OYO, Wipro, Bajaj Finance Limited, Tata Sons Ltd., Indian Oil Corporation (IOC Ltd.), etc.
The department of IP University Law is one of the best departments of legal studies in India. The course structure is very updated to new fields of research and the campus facilities are also of the best quality. Studying at IPU can thus be very fulfilling.
Click here to read more about the preparation strategy!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
More Articles About IPU CET Law: