IPU BA LLB is the integrated law program offered by the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, more widely known as Indraprastha University. Any student who has completed a 10+2 course with 50% marks and English as a subject is considered eligible to appear for IPU CET Law, the entrance exam to get admissions to this program. The students are given admission for IPU BA LLB, based on the rank and marks they score in this entrance exam.
Is IPU BA LLB Worth it?
The IPU BA LLB course helps students in developing aptitude and talent for the field of law. The syllabus is constantly updated so that students get more exposure to the new fields of development in the area. The program is 5 years long and is further broken down into 10 semesters. There will be both theoretical and practical learning and both are given equal importance. The students have the option to choose value-adding certificate courses. The factors that make Christ University worth choosing are analyzed below.
The IPU BA LLB course boosts the academic skills of the students in the following ways:
- Adoption of multidisciplinary approach towards law and legal studies so as to develop greater synergy between classroom lectures, conventional professional and alternative practices in law.
- Encourage continuous engagement with and adoption of innovative approaches towards law, legal education, training, and legal processes through capacity building of the faculty and facilitating access to advanced academic courses.
- Constant involvement with processes and practice of law in the professional, social, and economic arenas of life by encouraging interaction between the institution and those involved in these processes.
- Development of technical, advocacy, communication, and research skills not only through taught courses but also through practical training and engagement with the industry, community, and the state.
- Expansion of facilities for advanced research in law, the introduction of new and vibrant courses, and augmenting the capacity to undertake consultancies and projects with state, national and international agencies, industry, etc.
Attempts are made to make the thought process not individualistic but oriented to national development. Students are, therefore, encouraged to work on projects like:
- Settlement of Water Disputes
- Law and Coastal Management
- Law and Forests
- Law and the Migrant Populations
- Law and Disaster Management
- Human Rights of Indigenous People/HIV-AIDS patients/Prisoners etc.
- Petroleum Law
- Law and Mining
- Law on Inter-state Movement of Goods
- Consumer Protection
- Control of Foreign Trade
- International understanding is being developed through special courses and programs on global trends in the areas of Intellectual Property Rights and International Trade Law.
Community Development Programmes
- Jail Awareness Programme
- Legal Literacy Campaigns
- Lok Adalats
- Street Plays
Other factors that make IPU BA LLB worth it
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University is renowned for its campus facilities and the IPU Law department is nowhere behind. The infrastructure, as well as all other facilities offered, are of the best class. Given below are more details about the infrastructure and other details of the IPU BA LLB campus.
The administration has made sure that the students get everything they require for a comfortable life and advanced knowledge gaining. The following are included in the infrastructure of the IPU:
|Library||It has an extensive collection of books and a varied selection of periodicals. A digital resource like INFLIBNET and EBSCO databases are also available.|
|Hostel||There are 2 in-campus hostels each for both boys and girls. The boy’s hostels are called the Shivalik and Aravalli and the girls’ hostels are called Nilgiri and Satpura. There are 360 rooms in each of the hostels, fully equipped with tables, chairs, shelves, and cots.|
|Sports Complex||The sports complex encourages any kind of sport that a student may be into. It consists of courts for basketball, badminton, and volleyball. It also has a cricket ground, kabaddi ground, and a football ground. The complex also sports a running track.|
|Labs||The labs are fully equipped with all the resources needed for any kind of experiment. They are updated according to the recent developments in the sector.|
|Cafeteria||The cafeteria offers clean and healthy food. Additionally, there are stalls for Café Coffee Day and Haldirams.|
|Auditorium||The auditorium is air-conditioned and can seat more than 1000 students at a time.|
|Classrooms||Every classroom is smart, and they are also air-conditioned.|
|Conference rooms||Conference rooms for both faculty and students are available.|
|Seminar Halls||They can seat about 200 students at a time and are equipped with projection and sound systems.|
|Indian Bank||A branch of the Indian Bank works inside the campus. It offers all regular bank functions. There is also an ATM.|
The campus is a Wi-Fi Campus. Students, as well as teachers, can connect their devices to the Wi-Fi for free and use the internet.
- Shuttle Service
Buses ply inside and outside the campus. The transportation is free of cost. Each bus has a different route and you can opt for the ones you have to take.
- Placements and Internships
Placements are offered by huge corporations and institutions like AZB & Partners, Khaitan & Co, ICICI Bank, OYO, Wipro, Bajaj Finance Limited, Tata Sons Ltd., Indian Oil Corporation (IOC Ltd.), etc.
The program IPU BA LLB is one of the best courses to opt for if you are interested in law. The course structure is very updated to new fields of research and the campus facilities are also of the best quality. Studying IPU can thus be very fulfilling.
Click here to read more about the preparation strategy!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
More Articles About IPU CET Law: