IPU CET BHMCT 2019 is the entrance exam to the hotel management program offered by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University known as the IP University. BHMCT is the Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology. This course comprises 4 years and has immense opportunities in terms of internships and placements. For preparation strategy as to how to go about for the entrance, please look at this page.
Although preparation strategies are important for any entrance, exam analysis is equally imperative for understanding the exam pattern and difficulty level. It puts you one step ahead in preparing for the entrance.
The pattern of the IPU CET BHMCT 2019 is given below.
|Number of questions||150|
|Marking scheme||Correct: 4 marksIncorrect: -1 mark|
Changes in exam pattern after IPU CET BHMCT 2019
The changes in the pattern of 2020 CET are stated below.
- There would be 100 questions in total this time instead of 150 questions, each carrying 4 marks. There would be a negative marking of 1 mark as usual.
- Till last year the exam was conducted in an offline mode. The test is conducted on online computer-based mode from 2020.
Exam analysis of 2019 IPU BHMCT CET
The exam was conducted in offline mode with 150 questions. Each correct attempt had 4 marks and every wrong answer got you a negative marking of 1 mark.
There were 4 sections of the entrance.
- English language and comprehension
- General Awareness
- Logical and Analytical ability including computer awareness
- Knowledge of accounts/ commerce and science
The number of questions each section entailed was as follows:
|Section||Number of questions|
|English language and comprehension||38|
|Logical and analytical ability||45|
|Knowledge of commerce science and accounts||37|
The total number of questions of the IPU CET BHMCT 2019 was 150 and as we can see maximum questions were asked from the logical and analytical ability. Hence more practice must be done for that portion followed by English skills. If you are interested check out the article IPU CET BHMCT 2020 Exam Analysis.