IPU CET Exam 2019 was conducted as the part of the admission process to the BCom program at GGSIPU, short for Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, which is one of the country’s most respectable, and trusted universities set up by the government of NCT of Delhi. It offers wide ranging courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate level. If you are someone who aspires to study in this reputed university, you have to go through either NLT (National Level Test) which is conducted by various authorities, or sit for a CET (Common Entrance Test) which is held for different programmes, and is conducted by the University itself. This article is going to do an exam analysis of the past three year’s IPU CET Exam for admissions into Bachelor’s in Commerce, or Bcom (Honours) course.
Through the means of this article, we want to help you get an idea of what all has been asked in IPU CET Exam 2019, and what can be asked this year. By doing a three year comparative analysis of the exam, you can get a lot of useful information about the structure of the exam, and make preparation strategies according to it. Given below is a table showing a comparative analysis of the last three years IPU Bcom CET entrance:
|Duration||2.5 Hours||2.5 Hours||2.5 Hours|
|Mode||Offline Mode (Pen – Paper based)||Offline Mode (Pen – Paper based)||Online Computer Based|
|No. of Questions||150||150||100|
|Marking Scheme||+4 for every correct answer, and -1 for every wrong answer||+4 for every correct answer, and -1 for every wrong answer||+4 for every correct answer, and -1 for every wrong answer|
|Overall Difficulty Level||Moderate||Moderate – Difficult||Moderate|
|Timings and Shifts||On 30/04/2017||On: 05/05/2018||On: 29/05/2019|
Some changes over the years
- The mode of the examination was pen-paper based ever since it started, however due to the Covid-19 pandemic, GGSIPU has decided to hold the examination in an Online computer based mode.
- Till 2019, the total number of questions asked in the exam was 150. However, from this year onwards, the total number of questions has been reduced by 50, i.e, it is now 100 questions.
- The exam will be of 2.5 hours, and the total marks will be 400.
- There are no changes in terms of the syllabus of the IPU CET Exam 2019. There will be 4 sections as per normal, which are General English, Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation, and lastly, General Awareness related to the field of Commerce and Economy . All of the sections will have different weightage each, with highest weightage to Data Interpretation (35%) and lowest to General Awareness (15%).
IPU CET Bcom 2019 Exam Analysis
We hope that you must have gained some idea about the CET exams for Bcom (Honours) course of the past three years. It is time to look closely at last year’s entrance exam and all about it, from the test-takers point of view to improve your understanding of the exam.
Broad highlights of IPU CET Bcom 2019
- The exam was conducted on 25th May 2019.
- The maximum marks was 400, and the time to complete the exam was 2.5 hours.
- The mode in which the IPU CET Exam 2019 was conducted was online computer based.
- It was found that the difficulty level of the exam was somewhere between moderate to difficult.
1. General English Section Analysis
Like most language ability sections in entrances, it was found that IPU CET Exam 2019 General English section was doable and scoring. Students found the section to be of easy to moderate difficulty. It was observed that a lot of questions were based on checking the vocabulary of students, and error detection skills. So if you wish to excel in this section, make sure you brush up your vocabulary and grammar skills. The level of Reading Comprehension of last year’s exam was moderate, and having good reading speed proved to be a benefit for the students. Important topics which came in the exam are given below:
- Reading Comprehension
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Error detection
- Sentence rearrangement
- Cloze Test
- One word substitutions
- Phrases and Idioms
- Vocabulary and Grammar, etc.
2. Logical Reasoning Section Analysis
Although the level of difficulty of this section of the IPU CET Exam 2019 was moderate, it is advised that you practice logical reasoning questions daily. Everyday practice of important topics like Arrangements, Direction, Coding-Decoding, etc will give you confidence to handle the questions efficiently and accurately. Here is a list of topics that will be coming for the 2020 exam, and that needs special attention and practice by you to get a great score:
- Alpha-Numerical sequence
- Assumptions and Statements
- Arrangement and Ranking
- Direction and Distance Test
- Venn Diagram
- Number Series, etc.
3. General Awareness Section Analysis
This section of the IPU CET Exam 2019 is scoring if you prepare current affairs very nicely. 2019’s exam section of General Awareness was ranging from moderate to difficult in difficulty level and students were asked questions on the recent happenings of the past. To ace in this section make sure you keep yourself abreast with the latest news around the world, and pay attention to the news on the following topics:
- Current Happenings around the world
- News on Trade, Commerce, and Polity
- Science and Technology
- Business and Economics related news
- Awards and Honours
- Sports and Media, etc.
Pro Tip: If you don’t have access to newspapers, then you can even use News apps on your mobile phone. You can browse through different topics like Business, Sports, Politics and more!
4. Data Interpretation Section Analysis
This section of the IPU CET Exam 2019 was easily doable as the questions came just like last year’s syllabus and pattern. The overall level was easy to moderate. Students should practice this section from their school textbooks from class 10th onwards as a lot of questions were asked from these topics prescribed in the book. Given below are some important list of topics that come in the exam:
- Bar Graphs
- Mixed-graphs, etc.
Pro Tip: This section can be very scoring if you practice daily and attempt as many Mock Tests as you can before the exam. Doing this will improve your speed and also your accuracy in attempting the questions.
With delay in this year’s Bcom CET exam due to the pandemic, you have even more time to practice the syllabus of the entrance with perfection. Best tip to ace this exam is to revise and keep practicing what you have learned again and again. We hope the above IPU CET Exam 2019 analysis gives you a fair idea of the national level exam and helps you plan your preparation strategies to secure a seat in your favourite GGSIPU college. All the best!