Jamia Millia Islamia is one of the leading Universities in India which is known for its B Com course. The University is known for its quality education, excellent faculties, top-notch facilities, in relation to the Bachelors in Commerce course. JMI University conducts a JMI B Com entrance examination for the selection of students for its B.Com course. A total of 55 seats are on offer. Any student who has completed a 10+2 course with 50% marks and English as a subject is considered eligible to appear for the entrance exam. In this article, we will analyze the B.Com course of Jamia Millia Islamia and the placement opportunities you have after completing this course.
Jamia Millia Islamia B Com Course Structure
Jamia Millia Islamia offers you a three-year undergraduate degree course of Bachelors in Commerce or B.Com (Hons). The entry for this course can be done by appearing for the JMI Entrance Exam for B.Com conducted every year by the University. There is an allotment of total 55 seats every year.
- Eligibility for the Course: To be eligible for the B.Com Course in JMI University the applicant should have completed the 12th class with the accepted Education Board and must have score minimum of 50 per cent in the best of 5 subjects.
- Course Fee: The total fee for the course in 21.60 K. These fees may vary each year according to the changes made by the University administration.
- Mode of B.Com Course: Full Time
- Total Duration of Course: 3 Years
Placement Opportunities after B Com from JMI University
Jamia Millia Islamia provides great opportunities for students to get themselves placed in some of the top companies in India. To get yourself placed from the campus placements, they have to get themselves registered with the Campus Placement Cell.
Job Opportunities after B Com
The second most popular trade course is BCom. A BCom graduate’s average pay is between 4 to 7 lakh. BCom graduates will work in the industries of information technology, BPO, financing, fabrication, finance, consulting and so on. In addition to pursuing and working in the Chartered Accountancy and Secretariat of Business, there are several additional career opportunities for your choice and skills that you can choose from.
An insurance consultant is somewhat close to the financial planner. One small difference is that an insurance consultant normally prepares back-up plans if there is an unexpected catastrophe. They can get an average salary of 3 lakhs per annum.
Every Jamia Millia Islamia B.Com student is trained in this field during the undergraduate programme. An export-import manager would certainly be required for all companies dealing with exports and imports. You can enter a company at the entry-level, and you will soon be able to get excellent pay in this sector. You can get an average salary of 2.5 lakhs in this job sector.
It is one of the best and most popular choices made by a B.Com graduate when they finish the B.Com course. Another benefit of taking the B.Com course is that accountants are mandatory for accountants in each company. You will get less initial payment, but you will eventually raise your payment plan.
One of the good career choices for graduates after Jamia Millia Islamia B.Com is a Stock Broker. You can join this career if you have a deep interest in stock management, the securities market, finance and mathematics. What you have to do in this area is do a short certification course.
Academic Options after B Com
- MBA: If you want to do business or run an organization, then MBA suits well. However, the reputation of the University in which you study will certainly depend on your future. It is a two-year course and is one of the most sought after. Numerous networking opportunities and career opportunities are open to you.
- Masters in Applied Economics: You can also take a Masters in Applied Economics if you are someone who enjoys economics and wants to take it further. This course is all about management and finance economics and specializations.
- Master of Commerce: Most students opt for MCom following the Jamia Millia Islamia BCom curriculum. It is as if you are doing the systematic research of the core companies in the advanced edition of BCom.
Jamia Millia Islamia University provides you with the best B.Com Course. It has the best of the faculty for training you in that field. The University makes sure that you are ready to face the competitive world and can grow effectively. So start preparing for the JMI B.Com Entrance Exam and secure your future. All the best! Explore the detailed preparation methods for the exam by clicking here.