CUCET is an entrance examination that is conducted by Central University for the admissions of different undergraduate and postgraduate programs. Like every year, CUCET 2022 will be conducted by NTA and soon the application process will begin. In this examination, various universities accept the score of this exam for the under graduation and post-graduation examination.
However, in 2022, there are some additions to the number of universities that are becoming part of this examination. With this article, we have mentioned the universities that are part of the CUCET 2022 examination.
CUCET 2022 Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||Central University’s Common Entrance Test|
|Medium of the Examination||English|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Type of Questions||MCQ|
|Total number of Questions||100|
CUCET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the CUCET 2022 process are expected to be the same as of the previous year. A candidate should complete these criteria for being eligible for this exam:
- A minimum of 55% in the 12th standard is necessary for the general category students applying for the subjects like physics, chemistry, mathematics, and/or Biology.
- A minimum of 45% in the 12th standard is necessary for the SC/ST candidates who are applying under the subjects like physics, chemistry, mathematics, and/or Biology.
- For the postgraduate courses, a candidate needs to have a minimum of 55% in UG (General) and 50% in UG (SC/ST).
However, there are many universities under this exam and every university has its own eligibility criteria for each UG or PG course. Therefore, while filling out the application form, a candidate needs to enter the university code in which he/she is seeking admission.
CUCET Participating Universities
The below list includes the universities that became part of the CUCET process 2021.
|S.No.||Names of Universities||Codes||Total Number of Seats|
|1.||Central University of Jammu||CUJAM||1364|
|2.||Central University of Odisha||CUO||524|
|3.||Central University of Haryana||CUHAR||1132|
|4.||Central University of Punjab||CUPUN||853|
|5.||Central University of Kashmir||CUKAS||838|
|6.||Central University of South Bihar||CUSBR||1115|
|7.||Central University of Jharkhand||CUJHD||782|
|8.||Central University of Karnataka||CUKNK||631|
|9.||Central University of Rajasthan||CURAJ||1030|
|10.||Central University of Kerala||CUKER||1009|
|11.||Central University of Tamil Nadu||CUTND||1129|
|12.||Central University of Gujarat||CUGUJ||660|
|13.||Central University of Andhra Pradesh||CUAPH||195|
|14.||Assam University, Silchar||CUASM||78|
|15.||Bengaluru Dr B R Ambedkar School of Economics (BASE)||BASE||100|
|16.||Baba Ghulam Shah Badshah University||GSBU||155|
|17.||Khallikote University, Berhampur||KUBO||144|
|18.||Sardar Patel University of Police, Security, and Criminal Justice, Jodhpur||SPPU||154|
However, as per the details of the CUCET 2022, the following two universities will also consider the CUCET score for admissions 2022:
1. University of Delhi
2. Jawaharlal Nehru University
CUCET 2022 Application Form
Filling out the CUCET 2022 application form is not difficult. A candidate needs to just follow the given steps to fill the form accurately:
- For filling out the application form, a candidate just needs to go online. Visit the official site of CUCET and click on the CUCET Application form 2022 link. The tentative last date for this process will be the 2nd week of April 2022.
- Fill out the mandatory details asked in the application form such as personal, academic, communication, and others. Make sure to fill them correctly.
- Upload all the documents asked in the application form, i.e., the latest photograph and signature of the candidate.
- Complete the application form by paying the application fee through online mode.
- For further reference, take the printout of the application fee paid.
Application fee Details
- A candidate can pay the application fee by using debit/credit/net banking or challan of SBI Bank of any branch.
- GST and other taxes are applicable for this fee by the Government of India/Bank.
- However, the PwD candidates are exempted from the application fee.
- The application fee for general/ OBC category candidates is INR 800, while it is INR 350 for the SC/ST candidates.
CUCET 2022 Exam Pattern
In the CUCET exam 2022, the pattern is expected to be similar to that of the previous years. The highlights for its exam pattern:
- CUCET has only multiple-choice questions.
- The exam will be conducted in two parts, i.e., Part A and Part B.
- Part A will consist of questions from the topics like English Language, General Awareness, Mathematical Aptitude, and Analytical Skills.
- Part B will be divided into three sections and it will have a total of 75 MCQs from the domain knowledge.
- The exam will be for 2 hours.
- When it comes to negative marking, there is a negative marking in this exam and one mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
CUCET entrance exam 2022 will be conducted by the National Testing Agency and the list of the universities isn’t released yet. But this year two universities are going to be a part of it. We will keep you updated with the confirmed list of the universities. Stay tuned.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
More Articles on CUCET: