NMIMS B Com is the Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) course, offered by the Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, popularly known as NMIMS. The course is 3 years long, further divided into six semesters. It is one of the best colleges for students who wish to take up a career in the field of business and accounting. NMIMS B Com has been ranked as one of the best media courses offered in the country by magazines like Outlook.
Is NMIMS B Com Worth it?
The NMIMS B Com course helps students in developing aptitude and talent for the business industry. The syllabus is constantly updated so that students get more exposure to the new fields of development in the area. The program is 3 years that are further broken down into 6 semesters. There will be both theoretical and practical learning, and both are given equal importance. The students have the option to choose value-adding certificate courses. The department also offers placement training programs. The factors that make Narsee Monjee worth choosing are analysed below.
- Prepares the students in technological, strategic and managerial skills needed for the dynamic industry.
- Creates a strong base in students in both theory and practice.
- The interactive method of teaching tries to bring attitudinal changes and perfection to the students.
- Skills such as research skills, communication skills, ability to work under stress, networking skills, critical thinking, problem-solving skills etc. are developed in students during the NMIMS B Com course.
- A deep sense of ‘conscientious capitalism’ based on ethics and appropriate value systems is imparted to the students.
- Students are taught to appreciate the geopolitical environment and its linkages with international relations and on commerce and economy.
- A holistic perspective of commerce in the society, global arena and the industry is imparted along with the roles of various institutions and organisations.
Other Factors as to why NMIMS B Com is worth it
Subjects: There are different and important papers offered in the NMIMS B Com course to increase the interest of students in the field, such as:
|Principles of Management||Financial and Cost Accounting||Microeconomics and Macroeconomics|
|Ethics & Governance||India Socio-Political & Economic Systems||Organisational Behavior & HRM|
|Principles of Marketing||Banking and Insurance Environmental Management and Corporate Social Responsibility||Financial Statement Analysis|
|Corporate Finance||Investment Analysis, Portfolio Management & Wealth Management||Consumer Behavior & Services Marketing|
|Business Law||Financial Reporting Standards and Audit||Entrepreneurship & Business Plan|
|Financial Modeling||Business Communications||Direct & Indirect Taxes|
Placements: The students of the course will have various placement opportunities, including offers from companies such as:
- TATA Capital Finance Services Limited
Career: You can choose a career that best fits you as the NMIMS B Com course prepares you to be competent in the following roles:
- Relationship Manager
- Customer Support Executive
- Corporate Sales Executive
- Associate Manager in Banking and Finance
Library: It has an extensive collection of books and subscription to over 20 periodicals. Digital resources like JSTOR, ProQuest, INFLIBNET, and EBSCO databases are also available.
Labs: Upgraded and fully equipped labs for any kind of experiments regarding the new developments of the sector.
Classrooms: The classrooms are all equipped for smart learning.
Placement Office: The Placement Office of NMIMS B Com helps the students understand their career aptitudes and helps them in choosing their career paths. Campus recruitments take place every year, and renowned companies and hotel groups appear for conducting interviews.
Facilities: The infrastructure is designed to assist PWD students.
Hostel: The hostel facilities for NMIMS B Com are top-notch. There are in campus hostels for both girls and boys, though allotment of the rooms is based on first come first serve. The hostels are also Wi-Fi connected and provide gyms, common rooms, and sporting areas to the students.
Scholarships: Students from economically weaker sections and students getting the highest marks are given scholarships.
NMIMS B Com has always been ranked as one of the top business schools in India by various magazines and organisations. Thus, B Com at NMIMS is one of the best courses to opt for if you are interested in business and commercial transactions. The course structure is very updated to new fields of research, and the campus facilities are also of the best quality. Studying NMIMS B Com can thus be very fulfilling. Hope this article was helpful to you in understanding the B Com course offered by the Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies. Click here to know about the application process.