On this day:
1910: First public demonstration of neon lights at Paris Motor Show. They were invented by Georges Claude.
1984: Bhopal Gas Disaster. A gas leak from a Union Carbide India Limited pesticide plant in Bhopal became one of the world’s worst industrial disasters.
Born on this day:
1857: Joseph Conrad, Polish/English author
1895: Anna Freud, Austrian/English psychoanalyst
Gone on this day:
1894: Robert Louis Stevenson, Scottish author, poet
More GK & Current Affairs Resources:
- Attempt today’s Daily GK Quiz
- Read today’s Daily Current Affairs Update
- Attempt topicwise General Knowledge Practice Quiz
- Download Monthly Current Affairs Compilations
- Read about this month’s Important Days
- Revise your General Knowledge with Weekly GK Revision Quiz