On this day:
1980: Robert Mugabe becomes Zimbabwe’s first black prime minister A hero of the black struggle against the white minority rule in his country, Mugabe won a landslide victory.
1789: The U.S. Constitution is put into effect. The law is one of the world’s oldest constitutions still in use.
Born on this day:
1678: Antonio Vivaldi: Italian violinist, composer
1965: Khaled Hosseini: Writer
Gone on this day:
2008: Gary Gygax: American game designer, writer, co-created Dungeons & Dragons
More GK & Current Affairs Resources:
- Attempt today’s Daily GK Quiz
- Read today’s Daily Current Affairs Update
- Attempt topicwise General Knowledge Practice Quiz
- Download Monthly Current Affairs Compilations
- Read about this month’s Important Days
- Revise your General Knowledge with Weekly GK Revision Quiz