On this day:
1992: The European Union is established as the Maastricht Treaty is signed. The treaty also defined a single European currency: the Euro.
1984: NASA astronauts take the first untethered spacewalk. The photographs of Bruce McCandless and Robert L. Stewart hovering freely in space became some of the most iconic images of the 1980s.
Born on this day:
1978: Ashton Kutcher, American model, actor, producer
1812: Charles Dickens: English author famous for Great Expectations, Oliver Twist etc
Gone on this day:
1938: Harvey Samuel Firestone. American businessman, founded the Firestone Tire, Rubber Company
More GK & Current Affairs Resources:
- Attempt today’s Daily GK Quiz
- Read today’s Daily Current Affairs Update
- Attempt topicwise General Knowledge Practice Quiz
- Download Monthly Current Affairs Compilations
- Read about this month’s Important Days
- Revise your General Knowledge with Weekly GK Revision Quiz