Today In History:
1918: U.S. President Woodrow Wilson announced his Fourteen Points, an outline for peace following World War I.
1959: Charles de Gaulle becomes president of France. His right-wing political ideology, Gaullism, still influences French politics today.
Born on This Day:
1942: Stephen Hawking: English physicist, author of A Brief History of Time
1935: Elvis Presley: American singer, guitarist, actor
Gone on This Day:
1976: Zhou Enlai: Chinese politician, 1st Premier of the People’s Republic of China
1642: Galileo Galilei: Italian astronomer, physicist, also known as father of astronomy
More GK & Current Affairs Resources:
- Attempt today’s Daily GK Quiz
- Read today’s Daily Current Affairs Update
- Attempt topicwise General Knowledge Practice Quiz
- Download Monthly Current Affairs Compilations
- Read about this month’s Important Days
- Revise your General Knowledge with Weekly GK Revision Quiz