On this day:
1969: The Boeing 747 flies for the first time. Also known as “Jumbo Jet” it was the world’s largest passenger aircraft at the time.
1959: The world’s first intercontinental ballistic missile becomes operational in the USSR. The Soviet R-7 Semyorka missile had a range of 8800 km (5500 mi).
Born on this day:
1737: Thomas Paine, English/American theorist, author
Gone on this day:
1881: Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Russian author, known for writing Crime & Punishment
More GK & Current Affairs Resources:
- Attempt today’s Daily GK Quiz
- Read today’s Daily Current Affairs Update
- Attempt topicwise General Knowledge Practice Quiz
- Download Monthly Current Affairs Compilations
- Read about this month’s Important Days
- Revise your General Knowledge with Weekly GK Revision Quiz