On this day:
1919: The Paris Peace Conference opens to set the peace terms after World War I, resulting in the signing of the Treaty of Versailles.
2002: The Sierra Leone Civil War ends. The war had lasted 11 years and left over 50,000 dead.
Born on this day:
1689: Montesquieu: French philosopher
1882: A. A. Milne: English author known for creating the character Winnie the Pooh
Gone on this day:
1936: Rudyard Kipling: English author, poet, Nobel Prize laureate known for writing The Jungle Book
More GK & Current Affairs Resources:
- Attempt today’s Daily GK Quiz
- Read today’s Daily Current Affairs Update
- Attempt topicwise General Knowledge Practice Quiz
- Download Monthly Current Affairs Compilations
- Read about this month’s Important Days
- Revise your General Knowledge with Weekly GK Revision Quiz