On this day:
1986: The NASA Space Shuttle orbiter undertaking mission STS-51-L and the tenth flight of Space Shuttle Challenger broke apart 73 seconds into its flight, killing all seven crew members. The spacecraft disintegrated over the Atlantic Ocean.
1958: The Lego brick is patented. The Lego company has since produced 500 billion Lego elements, amounting to 10 lego towers from Earth to the Moon.
Born on this day:
1955: Nicolas Sarkozy, French politician, 23rd President of France
Gone on this day:
1939: WB Yeats: He was an Irish poet, dramatist, and prose writer, one of the greatest English-language poets of the 20th century. He received the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1923.
More GK & Current Affairs Resources:
- Attempt today’s Daily GK Quiz
- Read today’s Daily Current Affairs Update
- Attempt topicwise General Knowledge Practice Quiz
- Download Monthly Current Affairs Compilations
- Read about this month’s Important Days
- Revise your General Knowledge with Weekly GK Revision Quiz