On this day:
1886: German engineer Carl Benz patents the first modern automobile. His “Benz Patent-Motorwagen Nummer 1” was the first gasoline-driven car.
1892: The Coca-Cola Company is incorporated in Atlanta, Georgia
2002: Iraq, Iran, and North Korea were called an “axis of evil” by U.S. President George W. Bush for their attempts to develop nuclear, chemical, or biological weaponry.
Born on this day:
1954: Oprah Winfrey: American talk show host, actress, producer, founded the OWN Network, Harpo Productions
1860: Anton Chekhov: Russian physician, author
Gone on this day:
1963: Robert Frost: American poet, playwright
More GK & Current Affairs Resources:
- Attempt today’s Daily GK Quiz
- Read today’s Daily Current Affairs Update
- Attempt topicwise General Knowledge Practice Quiz
- Download Monthly Current Affairs Compilations
- Read about this month’s Important Days
- Revise your General Knowledge with Weekly GK Revision Quiz