On this day:
1982: The first computer virus was released “into the wild”. Elk Cloner was created by 15-year-old Richard Skrenta as a practical joke.
1933: Adolf Hitler becomes Chancellor of Germany. The “Machtergreifung” marked the end of the Weimar Republic and the beginning of the “Third Reich”.
1948: Mahatma Gandhi assassinated by Hindu extremist Nathuram Godse
Born on this day:
1882: Franklin D. Roosevelt, American politician, 32nd President of the United States
Gone on this day:
1948: Mahatma Gandhi: Assassinated by Nathuram Godse
1948: Orville Wright: American aviation pioneer
More GK & Current Affairs Resources:
- Attempt today’s Daily GK Quiz
- Read today’s Daily Current Affairs Update
- Attempt topicwise General Knowledge Practice Quiz
- Download Monthly Current Affairs Compilations
- Read about this month’s Important Days
- Revise your General Knowledge with Weekly GK Revision Quiz