On this day:
2011: Myanmar’s first elected parliament in half a century convenes. The event underlined a general move towards democracy in the country.
1865: The 13th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution is passed. The Amendment, which officially abolished slavery, was adopted on December 6, 1865.
Born on this day:
1975: Preity Zinta: Indian actress
1981: Justin Timberlake: American Singer & Actor
Gone on this day:
1956: A. A. Milne: English author
1606: Guy Fawkes. English soldier, planned the Gunpowder Plot
More GK & Current Affairs Resources:
- Attempt today’s Daily GK Quiz
- Read today’s Daily Current Affairs Update
- Attempt topicwise General Knowledge Practice Quiz
- Download Monthly Current Affairs Compilations
- Read about this month’s Important Days
- Revise your General Knowledge with Weekly GK Revision Quiz