SET BBA is a national level entrance exam conducted by Symbiosis International (Deemed University) once a year screen students for the undergraduate course in Bachelor’s Business Administration. Candidates are often worried about the difficulty level of the exam. Reading this will help you prepare and score well in the exam.
Candidates belonging to the General/ NC-OBC category should have passed their 12th grade with a minimum 50% aggregate to be eligible to apply for the Symbiosis entrance test. SC/ST category students are given 5% relaxation.
The symbiosis entrance exam is conducted in a computer-based mode. The duration of the exam is 105 minutes.
Symbiosis BBA Selection Criteria
Admission at Symbiosis for the BBA course is based on the following criteria:
- SET BBA Exam
- Writing Ability Test (WAT)
- Personal Interaction (PI)
SET BBA Exam Pattern
The SET BBA exam consists of 4 sections including English, Quantitative, General Awareness, and Logical Reasoning. Each question carries 1 mark and there is no negative marking.
|Section||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|Analytical and Logical Reasoning||15||15|
The SET BBA WAT would be held after the MCQ section. Candidates should cover these 4 sections in 75 minutes. A total of 30 minutes would be allotted to complete the Writing Ability Test.
You can read more details on SET BBA Pattern and Syllabus on Eazyprep.
SET BBA Section-Wise Difficulty Level
- This section analyzes the candidates’ command of the English language.
- Questions are based on Reading Comprehension, Grammar, and Vocabulary.
- Important Topics includes Synonym- Antonyms, Syllogism, Fill in the blanks, Idioms, and Phrases, Subject-verb Agreement, etc.
- This section is often found easy by the candidates compared to the other 3 sections.
- The synonym- antonym questions can be difficult in this section. If you have a strong vocabulary, it would be easy.
2. Quantitative Ability.
- The section usually contains questions from a wide range of topics.
- The quantitative section is what most candidates are worried about but it is quite easy and questions are pretty much straightforward.
- If you are thorough with all the concepts under the NCERT textbooks, you are good to go.
- Questions are mostly based on Arithmetic, Algebra, Mensuration, Permutation and Combination, Number System, etc.
3. Logical and Analytical Reasoning
- The logical reasoning section can be a little tricky but is overall easy.
- Questions are related to Number Series, Family Tree, Directions, Word Coding, Verbal Analogies, etc
- Practicing sample question papers will help in understanding the type of questions asked.
4. General Awareness
- This section is also easy if you are a well-updated person.
- It is important to keep track of the current affairs and have ample static general knowledge as well.
- The questions can be anything related to the happenings around the world.
- You can save a lot of time in this section if you are thorough with the current affairs.
Symbiosis BBA Entrance Exam Preparation Tips
- Understand the Symbiosis entrance test syllabus: Make a note of all the topics mentioned in the syllabus to cover one by one. This will help you figure out which parts you need to work on more.
- Prepare a Time Table: This is one of the best ways to start preparing for the symbiosis entrance exam. Distribute time to all the sections depending on your preference.
- Practice on Symbiosis SET Sample Papers: Practising the sample question papers, as well as previous years’ question papers, will help you a lot in understanding the exam better.
- Do Mock Tests: Mock tests can help you pace yourself. Time management is an important aspect of any entrance exam. You can evaluate yourself by doing mock tests to work on the sections you are weak at.
These preparation tips are going to help you crack the SET BBA exam. Keep notes while you are preparing. It will help you revise on the last day. Work hard and stay healthy.