Understanding the SET BBA Exam Pattern will help you get an idea of how to face the exam strategically and prepare accordingly. SET BBA is the entrance exam conducted by Symbiosis International (Deemed University) every year for admission to undergraduate courses. The exam pattern, important topics that cover the syllabus, and marking schemes are given below. The exam is conducted as an Internet-Based Online Proctored Test.
SET BBA Eligibility
- Candidates must have passed their 12th grade from a recognized board with 50% aggregate marks.
- Candidates belonging to the SC/ST category must have 45% aggregate in their 12th grade.
- Candidates awaiting their 12th-grade results are also eligible to apply
Symbiosis Entrance Exam Key Highlights
|Full-Form||Symbiosis Entrance test|
|Conducting Body||Symbiosis International (Deemed University)|
|Duration of the exam||105 minutes; 75 for MCQ and 30 for WAT|
|Mode of the Exam||Internet-Based Test (IBT)|
|SET Application Fee||Rs. 1,750/-|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|No. of Tests Cities||80|
|Helpline Contact No.||040-23417875|
Symbiosis BBA Admission Criteria
Admission to the BBA course at Symbiosis is based on the following:
- SET BBA Exam
- Writing Ability Test (WAT)
- Personal Interaction (PI)
SET BBA Exam Pattern
- Symbiosis BBA entrance exam consists of mainly 4 sections; English, Quantitative, General Awareness, Analytical and Logical Reasoning.
- All the sections are mandatory.
- The exam also includes Writing Ability Test (WAT)
- The duration of the exam is 105 minutes. 75 minutes is allotted to the MCQ section and 30 minutes
- A total of 75 Questions are asked in the Symbiosis entrance test.
SET BBA Marking Scheme: All the questions carry 1 mark and there is no negative marking.
|Section||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|Analytical and Logical Reasoning||15||15|
Symbiosis SET Syllabus
To crack the Symbiosis Entrance Exam you need to be thorough with the important topics for the exam. The following section-wise SET syllabus will help you prepare for the exam perfectly:
1. English Section
- This section assesses the candidates’ English language proficiency.
- The section consists of 20 questions.
- The questions are majorly related to Reading Comprehension, Grammar, and Vocabulary.
Syllabus for the English Section
|Etymology And Roots||Idioms & Phrases||Analogies|
|Antonyms And Synonyms||Foreign Words Noun & Pronoun Errors||Subject-verb Agreement|
|Prepositions & Conjunctions||Tenses, Modifiers, Parallelism||Reading Comprehension|
|Syllogisms||Logical Consistency||Deductive Reasoning|
2. General Awareness
- You need to be well-updated with the happenings around the world to ace this section.
- This section includes 20 questions that evaluate your current affairs knowledge.
- Questions can be from current affairs and static GK related business, literature, history, brands and logos, politics, science, etc.
- Reading the newspaper daily will help you do well in this section of SET BBA.
Syllabus for the General Awareness Section
|Govt. & Politics||Business & Economics||Brands, Logos, Taglines|
|Awards and Honors||Science and Technology||Personalities|
|Art& Music||Indian History & World History||Days and Dates|
3. Quantitative Section
- This section analyzes the candidate’s mathematical skills.
- The section consists of 20 questions based on a wide range of topics.
- Candidates are advised to learn the formulas and strategies used in all the topics score maximum in this section
|Algebra||SI & CI||Data Interpretation|
|Decimals||Fractions||LCM and HCF|
|Permutation & Combination||Probability||Profit & Loss|
|Time & Work||Time, Speed & Distance||Trigonometry|
4. Analytical and Logical Reasoning
- This section of the Symbiosis bba entrance consists of questions that can be tricky and confusing.
- Questions can come from a mixed range of topics.
- This section has the least number of questions.
|Coding and Decoding||Cubes||Logical Connectives|
|Logical Deduction||Number and Letter series||Seating Arrangements|
Preparing for the SET BBA can be hard. Although when you understand the SET BBA exam pattern first and cover the Symbiosis entrance test syllabus one by one, you will be able to do well in the exam.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
More Articles on SET BBA: