AIMA UGAT provides a great opportunity to pursue your education in a reputed college in India for all the career aspirants in the Management and IT fields.
Introduction to UGAT
Under Graduate Aptitude Test or UGAT is conducted by All India Management Association (AIMA) to select students for BBA, BHM, B.Com, IMBA, and BCA programs. AIMA UGAT exam is a gateway to almost 60 colleges across India.
UGAT exam enables students to apply for one of the courses under 5 preferred colleges which they have to select at the time of registration. Candidates can take the exam either as a Paper Based Test (PBT) or Internet Based Test (IBT).
Courses Offered Under UGAT
AIMA UGAT offers mainly bachelors courses and one five-year integrated degree courses:
- Bachelors of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelors of Hotel Management (BHM)
- B.COM (E-Com)
- Bachelors of Computer Application (BCA)
- B.Sc. (IT)
- Bachelor of Foreign Trade (BFT)
- Integrated MBA (IMBA)
UGAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must have passed 10th and 12th grade with minimum 50% marks from a recognized board.
- Candidates who are waiting to appear for their final exams can also apply.
- Minimum age limit of the candidate is 17 years.
- There’s no maximum age limit. Although some colleges require below 70 years old candidates.
Admission Process of UGAT
- Go to the main website of AIMA UGAT to apply for the exam.
- Candidates can also get the registration form from listed institutes under AIMA, New Delhi.
- UGAT offers two ways in which candidates can attend their exam; Paper Based Test (PBT) or Internet Based Test (IBT). They have to choose one of them.
- The registration fee for all the candidates is ₹ 650 with credit card or debit card.
- Make sure to have all the important documents like a scanned photo, signature and credit card/debit card for registration.
- There are more than 20 test cities to attend the exam at. Candidates must choose their preferred exam centre.
- Candidates have to choose their top 5 preferred colleges during the application.
- Admit cards will be released later on and candidates can access them using their UGAT registration Form Number.
- After clearing the exam, the next step is a counseling process where the seats are allotted to each candidate.
- Seat reservations are per the regulations provided by Indian Government.
AIMA UGAT Exam Pattern
- The exam follows a different pattern for the BHM course and BBA B.Com, IMBA, BCA and other courses.
- There are a total of totally 4 sections for the exam; English Language, Numerical and Data Analysis, Reasoning and General Intelligence, and General Knowledge
- UGAT paper for BHM course has extra two sections; Scientific Aptitude and Service Aptitude.
- Each question carries 1 mark. There are no negative marking in the exam
- There’s a total of 180 questions for the BHM course and 130 for the rest of the courses.
- Extra one hour is given to complete the extra 2 sections in the BHM exam.
|Section||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|Numerical and Data Analysis||30||30|
|Reasoning and Intelligence||30||30|
|Scientific Aptitude (BHM only)||25||25|
|Service Aptitude (BHM only)||25||35|
Syllabus for UGAT Exam
1. General English
- This section analyzes the candidate’s English proficiency.
- Focus mainly on vocabulary and grammar.
- Be aware about the colloquial errors wet make while speaking informally.
|Sporting Error||Direct and Indirect Speech||Nouns, Verbs, Adjectives, Proverbs|
|Idioms and Phrases||Substitution||Punctuation|
|Articles||Verbs and Proverbs||Sentence Formation|
|Active and Passive Voice||Spelling Test||Para Jumbles|
2. Numerical and Data Analysis
- This section evaluates your quantitative aptitude. Questions can come from a number of topics.
- Work on certain strategies to resolve this section quickly.
|Probability||Ratio and Proportion||Time Distance and Speed|
|Permutation and Combination||Linear Equations and Quadratic Equations||Simplification and Approximation|
|Time and Work||Indices and Surds||Pipes and Cistern|
|Profit and Loss||Numbers and Series||Boats and Streams|
3. Reasoning and General Intelligence
- This section tests your reasoning ability and logical intelligence.
- It consists of questions from a range of topics like blood relations, analogies, graphs etc.
- Practicing has more importance here than acquiring theoretical knowledge.
|Data Sufficiency||Inequality||Blood Relations|
|Puzzles and Riddles||Analytical and Logical Reasoning||Direction Based Questions|
|Calendars||Column Graph||Statement Conclusion|
|Multi-dimensional Arrangements||Coding and Decoding||Pie Charts|
4. General Knowledge
- This section analyzes how well updated you are with current affairs.
- Reading the newspaper daily is the best way to do well in this section.
- Make sure to brush up your static GK as well.
|Current Affairs||Awards||Indian Economy|
|Politics, History, Geography||Business||Famous Books and Authors|
|Social Issues||Foreign Relations||Social Development|
5. Service Aptitude (For Hotel Management Only)
- This section is for the candidates applying for the BHM program.
- Service Aptitude is the basis of hotel management, which is being tested here.
- Mainly situational questions asked in this section to evaluate candidate’s decision making skills.
6. Scientific Aptitude (For Hotel Management Only)
- It gauges the scientific knowledge and approach of the candidates.
- It is a very important skill for hotel management.
Exam Centres of AIMA UGAT
There are a number of opportunities waiting for the graduates of the courses offered by UGAT. It’s a prestigious opportunity to acquire your degree from a recognized college/university.
UGAT Exam FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. How many times is UGAT exam held in a year?
The UGAT exam is held only once a year.
2. What is the eligibility criteria for UGAT exam?
For the exam, the applicant must be a minimum of 17 years of age. At the time of admission, candidates must have passed their class 12th with a minimum of 50% marks.
3. What is the AIMA UGAT exam?
The AIMA UGAT exam is a common entrance exam for gaining admission into graduate-level and integrated courses like BBA, BHM, B.Com, BCA and IMBA (Integrated MBA) in some of the best B-Schools of India.
4. Does UGAT exam have negative marking?
Yes. The exam has a negative marking of 0.5 per incorrect answer.
5. What is the syllabus for UGAT exam?
The syllabus for UGAT is asked from four main sections: General English, Numerical and Data Analysis, Reasoning and General Intelligence and General Knowledge. Service aptitude and Scientific Aptitude is asked for Hotel Management courses only.