UGAT Exam is conducted by the All India Management Association to screen students for programs like BBA, BCA, BHM, Integrated MBA, B.com, etc. More than 60 colleges across India accept the AIMA UGAT score. Candidates must have passed their 10th and 12th-grade from a recognized university to apply for the UGAT entrance exam. After applying for the exam through the main website, the admit card for the exam will be issued. Admit cards are mandatory to appear for the exam.
UGAT Exam Pattern
The AIMA UGAT exam pattern is given below:
|Exam Mode||Offline (Pen and Paper)|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours|
|No. of Sections||4|
|No. of Questions||130|
|Language of Exam||English and Hindi|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for every right answer|
There are 4 sections in the UGAT Exam 2021. They are:
- English language
- Numerical and data analysis
- Reasoning and intelligence
- General knowledge
UGAT Difficulty Level
A brief analysis about the difficulty level is given below:
|Section||No. of Questions||Difficulty Level|
|Numerical and Data Analysis||30||High|
|Reasoning and Intelligence||30||Moderate|
Section-Wise Difficulty Level of UGAT Exam
A section-wise difficulty analysis of the exam is given below:
- This is the section in UGAT Exam where you can score the most marks.
- The Grammar concepts you learned in school are asked.
- Greater attention should be given to cloze tests since they constitute a larger part of the section.
Numerical and Data Analysis
- The two important concerns when it comes to this section are the number of questions you get right and the time you take to answer them. Ideally, you should take the minimum amount of time to answer the maximum number of questions.
- Basic concepts of math you learned in school are asked.
- You would also have to constantly practice solving questions to improve your speed.
- This section has seen questions being asked from Mathematics textbooks of the level of classes 9th and 10th.
- This section is moderately difficult, though candidates having an interest in mathematics find it comparatively easier than the others.
Reasoning and Intelligence Section
- Constant practice is required for this section.
- The questions are mostly easy, but a few among them are tricky.
- A large percentage of the total questions are asked from topics like number series, verbal reasoning, statements and, assumptions, etc.
- Time management is important for this section since you can spend a lot of time trying to figure out the answer to a single question.
- Questions about domestic and international current affairs are asked.
- The number of questions about current affairs is lower than the number of questions about general knowledge.
- General knowledge questions are based on subjects like history and science.
- This section, according to candidates, is moderately difficult.
UGAT Exam Preparation Tips
Candidates are advised to follow the given strategies to boost their performance in the aptitude test.
Go through the Syllabus
The first step while preparing for any entrance exam would be understanding the syllabus. Under each topic, there are several important sections that you must cover. To figure out where you need to focus on more, go through the UGAT syllabus.
Prepare a Time-Table
Preparing a timetable is one of the effective methods used by top students. This will get you an idea of how to prepare efficiently utilizing the time you have left. Cover all the important topics while making the timetable. Make sure you are distributing them in a manner that you can follow easily and does not become hectic at the same time.
Get Study Materials/ Preparation Books
Study materials can help you plot in preparing for the UGAT exam section-wise. Along with numerous questions to practice on, the books would also provide sample question papers as well for you to work on.
Analyze Previous Years’ Question Papers
This can help you a lot in figuring out the type of questions that are asked in the UGAT entrance exam. You will figure out how to work on each question by working on the question papers. Also, study the previous years’ UGAT exam analysis.
Write down Notes
Keeping notes while preparing can be a savior in the last days of the exam. Make it a habit to write notes, especially those formulas you can’t get yourself to memorize.
Focus and work more on subjects like Numerical and Data Analysis and Reasoning and Intelligence because it demands in-depth knowledge of formulae. Only practicing a lot can help you ace this section. Also, give more attention to your weak areas.
Practice Sample papers and Mock Tests
Time management is an important factor of AIMA UGAT. You need to be able to answer all the questions in the given time. Candidates tend to lose a lot of time over sections like Numerical and Data Analysis. By doing mock tests you will be able to analyze the time you are taking to answer each question. This will help you improve your pace gradually.
Make use of UGAT books that can help you prepare for the AIMA UGAT in a better way. UGAT Exam is the gateway to several colleges in the country. Do your preparation the right way using these tips. We wish you good luck with the exam. Explore the detailed preparation methods for the exam by clicking here.