BJMC is an under-graduation course that imparts knowledge about journalism and mass communication. The media industry in India is growing at a rapid pace and many youths today are seeking their career in this industry. However, many other courses are imparting this knowledge. But, the BJMC is the best path to enter this industry.
Many colleges in India are known for BJMC courses. But many youths that are new to this course are confused that which specialization is better for them. With a BJMC degree, a candidate can get specialization in various fields. With this article, we have listed the BJMC specialization areas that are available for a candidate and which is better among them. However, before moving directly to that, let’s understand the details about BJMC Course.
BJMC Course Details
The details of the BJMC course are as follows:
|Course Full Name||Bachelor of Journalism & Mass Communication|
|Selection Process||Merit-Based, or, university-level Entrance Exam|
|Minimum Academic Requirement||10+2|
|Minimum Score Requirement||50% or more|
|Entrances||DUET, IPU CET BJMC, LPU NEST|
|Job Profile||News Reporter, Anchor, Photography, News Writer, Report Writer, Journalist, and more|
|Annual Course Fee||INR 50,000-INR 3,00,000|
|Average Initial Salary||INR 400,000-INR 800,000|
|Top Colleges||IIMM, IMS, NIMCJ, VIPS, Baroda, etc.|
Specializations under BJMC
In this section of the article, you will find the details about the specialization under this course. There is various specialization area under BJMC, but with this article, we have discussed the top 5 specializations that are popular among candidates.
1. Electronic Media
Under this category, a candidate will get the knowledge and training of the electronic media. Every candidate will be trained for reporting, news reading, and more communication skills. Under this category, the areas like TV, Radio, and Online are included. However, this field is best for only those candidates who have better communication skills, and reading skills. It is necessary to have a good command of one language under this specialization. A candidate can get a chance to work with media houses like India Today, News Nation, ABP News, and other top media houses. Therefore, a candidate should go for this specialization under the following cases:
- Candidates who have a genuine interest in TV reporting and want to achieve fame in this category.
- Candidates who can do field reporting as well.
- Candidates who have a genuine interest in the radio sector of this industry.
2. Print Media
This is another popular specialization in this course. Under the Print Media specialization, a candidate will get complete knowledge about the working of the print media. It includes content writing for the newspaper, publishing, and ethics of print media. Areas like newspapers, magazines, and journals are covered in this section. The opportunities that a candidate can get in this area are Hindustan Times, Navbharat Times, and more. This specialization is best for the following candidates:
- Candidates who have a great command of language and possess great writing skills.
- Candidates who do not want much fame in terms of face recognition.
- Candidates who have a genuine interest in print media.
3. Camera Handling & lighting
Camera Handling & Lightning is another specialization field that is popular under this course. Under this specialization, a candidate will get complete knowledge of camera usage and its handling. Some technical knowledge about the lighting which is necessary for shooting will be imparted through this specialization. This specialization is best for the following candidates:
- Candidates who have a genuine interest in camera handling.
- Candidates who can do the camera handling job at the field reporting.
- Candidates who want to enter the film industry can pursue this specialization.
4. Sound Editing
Sound Editing is another popular specialization area. Many youths are heading towards this specialization because of their genuine interest in this field. Under this specialization, a candidate will get complete knowledge of the sound system and how to make sound perfect during live news, or for videos. This specialization is best for the following candidates:
- Candidates who have a genuine interest in sound editing and have good knowledge about sound variations, systems, and more.
5. Film Making
Film making is one of the most popular specialization areas under this course. In this specialization area, the candidates will get knowledge about the filmmaking areas. Like, how to the director, choose a script, work on a script, casting, and more. This specialization is famous among youths because many candidates want to enter the film industry. Therefore, this specialization is best for the following candidates:
- Candidates who want to enter the film industry by directing the films.
Which one is Best?
When it comes to the question that which specialization is best for a candidate, then we cannot conclude this to a single specialization. The choice of a specialization area completely depends on the interest of the candidate. However, in some specialization areas, the salary is better than others. Therefore, based on interest, a candidate chooses the specialization. Exposure in every area is great for a candidate.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
More Articles on BJMC:
- How to Prepare for Media Aptitude for BJMC Entrance Exams? Book List & Strategy
- Major Mass Communication Entrance Exams | All you need to know
- How to crack any BJMC Entrance Exam in 30 days | Preparation Strategy
- Top Colleges Offering Bachelor of Journalism & Mass Communication (BJMC) Courses | Placement, Infrastructure & Facilities
- BJMC: Course Details, 2022 Admission, Fees, Eligibility Criteria, Placements & Salary Prospects