Analysis of the CUET 2020 exam and the whole admission timeline and process is very important for those of you who are going to attempt the exam for admission into the BBA course of Christ University.
CUET 2020 dates were declared on Christ University’s official website. The application form was posted on 8 Dec 2019. The exam was conducted in three sessions. The last date to apply for session II of CUET 2020 was 20 April 2020 and 11 May 2020 for session III.
The first session of the Christ University BBA entrance exam got canceled due to technical problems, but the personal interview was carried on as per the schedule. Session II exam was held on 3rd and 4th May 2020. Session III exam was conducted on 17th May 2020. The shortlisted students needed to qualify for individual sessions to get through Christ University BBA admission.
CUET 2020 Exam Pattern
CUET 2020 comprised five sections which included English Language, General Knowledge, Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, and Data Interpretation.
Each question carried one mark, and there was a negative marking of 0.25 mark for each wrong question.
CUET 2020 Exam Analysis: Broad Highlights
- CUET 2020 exam was through online mode due to COVID restrictions. Candidates attempted exams from their homes.
- Session I got canceled due to technical problems, but Session II was held on 3rd and 4th May. Session III was held on 17th May 2020.
- Admit cards were received online around one month before the exam date.
- Exam timing was from 3 pm to 5 pm, a total of 2 hours.
- CUET 2020 did not undergo a lot of changes; the pattern and syllabus were quite similar to previous years.
- The total number of questions was 120, each of one mark, making a total of 120 marks. All were objective (MCQs) questions that needed to be solved in 120 minutes. There were no sectional timings.
- Students found the Christ University BBA exam relatively “easy to moderate” in difficulty.
- They felt the verbal ability and reasoning sections to be easier and less time-consuming than other sections. They found the mathematical sections to be more difficult.
- The students, after CUET, had to appear for other rounds, including micro presentation, skill assessment and personal interview. These rounds occurred in two slots according to the given dates.
CUET 2020 Exam Analysis: Sectional Analysis
Christ University Entrance Test (CUET 2020) followed a quite similar pattern as in previous years.
|No. Of Questions
|Quantitative and Numerical Aptitude
|Data Analysis and Interpretation
1. English Language (MCQ)
30 questions of this section included basic English language topics which we have been learning since our school days. This section was not time-consuming and of an easy-to-moderate level. Some important topics are given below:
- Reading Comprehension
- Word Meanings
- Basic Grammar
- Verbal Reasoning
Pro Tip: Brush up your English vocabulary and reading skills. Practice daily and maintain consistency as these are slow-developing skills.
2. General Knowledge
This section comprised 25 questions related to general information about the current scenario of the world. Special emphasis was given to the Indian Economy and market conditions since you are going in for a BBA course. It was moderate in difficulty. Some important topics from this section are:
- Indian Polity
- General science
- Contemporary Issues
Pro Tip: Daily newspaper-reading and following daily news would help you to stay updated with the current scenario.
3. Quantitative and Numerical Aptitude
This section included 25 questions that needed quite a bit of calculation. It was quite time-consuming and candidates found difficulty in this section. Some important topics asked were:
- Profit and loss
- Average and Alliteration
- Number System
Pro Tip: Do practice previous years’ papers. Also, create a list of shortcut formulae that would help you save time in such questions.
4. Logical Reasoning
This section was filled with 20 fun but tricky questions. It was a relatively easy and scoring section meant to just check the candidate’s thinking ability. This section required a good understanding of what was actually asked in the question. Important topics were:
- Number series
- Letter Series
- Blood relations
- Verbal Analogy
Pro Tip: Practice such questions available online or any practice book of logical reasoning. Practice is more important than theory in these questions.
5. Data Analysis and Interpretation
This section was filled with 20 questions related to graphs and charts. Candidates found it to be on the easier side because the problems asked were of a basic nature. Some important topics you must prepare are:
- Bar graphs
- Pie charts
- Line charts
Pro Tip: Use simple basics from NCERTs and previous year papers to prepare for this section.
The difficulty level of CUET 2020 was of the category of easy to moderate. To score well in CUET 2021, you should know the exam trends of the Christ BBA entrance exam very well. After that, all you have to do is follow the essential tips for the preparation for the entrance exam and solve the papers of the previous years. With all that hard (and smart!) work, it is not hard to qualify for the CUET exam. Get to know more about past trends of CUET BBA with this CUET 2019 exam analysis!