CUET hotel management is the entrance test for the Bachelor of Hotel Management course offered by Christ (Deemed to be University), Bangalore. Christ BHM is one of the best hotel management schools in the country and has been accredited by NAAC. The exam is conducted online, across different venues in the country. This article will guide you about the difficulty level of the examination based on the question papers from previous years.
CUET Hotel Management
CUET Hotel Management has a total of 120 questions. Each correct answer was given one mark, while 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer. The exam is two hours long and is conducted in English.
There are six sections in the CUET question paper. They are given below along with the number of questions that are asked from each with the average difficulty level based on previous years’ question papers:
|No. of Questions
|Data Analysis and Interpretation
Difficulty Level of CUET Hotel Management
The CUET Hotel Management exam is very easy if you have prepared well. The first step is to analyze the syllabus and choose appropriate study materials. The 11th and 12th standard textbooks are a good place to start, to be thorough with the basics. There are also other books that you can refer to, but before choosing, make sure they are based on the updated syllabus of the CUET BHM. The different sections along with their features are given below so that you will have an idea about how difficult each one is:
1. General English
- This is the section in CUET BHM where you can score the most marks.
- The Grammar concepts you learned in school are asked.
- Greater attention should be given to cloze tests since they constitute a larger part of the section.
2. Reasoning Ability
- Constant practice is required for this section.
- The questions are mostly easy, but a few among them are tricky.
- Verbal reasoning, Number series, Statements, and Assumptions, etc. are a few topics that questions are based on.
- You can take a lot of time trying to figure out the answers and time management becomes a key factor in this section because there will be a lot of questions that are tricky and which may take up a lot of your time.
3. General Knowledge
- Questions about domestic and international current affairs are asked.
- Most questions asked concern current affairs around the world and only a lesser number in comparison is asked from general knowledge.
- General knowledge questions are based on subjects like history and science.
- This section is moderately difficult since it needs a lot of preparation.
4. Quantitative Aptitude
- You should constantly practice improving your speed in this section by practicing questions of this type.
- This section has seen questions being asked from Mathematics textbooks of the level of classes 9th and 10th.
- This section is moderately difficult, though candidates having an interest in mathematics find it comparatively easier than the others.
5. Data Analysis and Interpretation
- Here in this section, you have to get the maximum number of questions right since it is comparatively easy than the others. You should try to take minimum time in solving these questions.
- Basic concepts of math you learned in school are asked.
6. Fundamental Accounting
- This section is a little tough for students from different streams other than commerce.
- Basic concepts of accounting are asked about.
- The 11th and 12th standard accounting textbooks should suffice for good study material.
You should be careful to not linger on particular questions for a long time since time management is the key factor to complete the exam successfully. Attempt all other questions and then come back to the ones you don’t know with the extra time, especially those in the sections Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude, and Data Analysis and Interpretation.
Also, make sure to take CUET BHM and evaluate yourself using the previous years’ question papers and pay attention to the subjects you score less in. Try to improve yourself in those sections and once you’re done, you will be completely prepared for CUET Hotel Management, which would by then be very easy for you.