National Recruitment Agency to be established
The Cabinet has approved setting up of National Recruitment Agency (NRA)
It will be a specialist body which will offer the state-of-the-art technology and best practices to the field of Central Government recruitment
Representatives from Ministry of Railways, Ministry of Finance/Department of Financial Services, the SSC, RRB and IBPS will be its members
YES Bank launches unique facility ‘Loan against Securities’
YES Bank has launched a unique digital solution under its loan in seconds platform
Loan against Securities will enable customers to avail loan facility against the securities they hold
In order to avail the loan, customers need to only pledge the securities and not sell them
Quick Fact: Prashant Kumar is the CEO and MD of Yes Bank
3.Art and Culture
India Post issued stamps on UNESCO World Heritage Sites in India
A set of five commemorative postage stamps and a miniature sheet on UNESCO World Heritage Sites in India has been released by India Post
The five sites are:
- The Historic City of Ahmedabad,
- Churches and Convents of Goa,
- Group of Monuments at Pattadakal
- Khajuraho Group of Monuments
- Qutub Minar
Swacch Survekshan 2020 results declared
The survey ranks different places of India on the basis of cleanliness.
- Indore, Madhya Pradesh bagged the cleanest city in the country for the fourth consecutive time
- Varanasi bagged the best Ganga Town
This year, the Swachh Survekshan League was integrated in the survey which assessed waste water treatment and reuse and faecal sludge management in cities throughout the year.
Quick Fact: Initiated in 2016, the survey is conducted by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
India’s Population Projections till 2036: National Commission on Population
As per population projections for the period of 2011-36,
- Sex ratio of India will increase from 943 (2011) to 957 (2036)
- Population of India will be 1.52 billion in 2036
- By 2031, India will be the most populous country in the world.
The commission has been created by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.